1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Linda's Mental Image

Discussion in 'General' started by Linda, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

This is an imaginery journey down a road. Take in the sights, sounds and colours, just like a video camera recording all that lies surrounding you. Survey the scene, noticing whatis far off in the distance, the background surrounds, the weather, the season and a total image of what you view. Feel the ground beneath your feet. Try to visualize it as a picture on a canvas, but with movement, sound, colour and emotion. You are the surveyor on this journey. Draw your journey on paper if you desire, as it often shows clearer results, then attach your drawing via snapshot or scan to your post.

Q1. What colour is the road?

The road is grayish-yellow, with some black spots here and there, and with traces of green seen from time to time.

Q2. What texture is the road?

It consists of small stones and sand, most of them sharp and with angles, not as stones and sand from the sea shore.

Q3. How solid is the road?

It is semi-solid, I mean you can go on it easily, but sometimes your feet slip in the sand, and sometimes the sand and small stones reach the end of your boots.

You continue walking and come to a river that must be crossed. There before you is the river; the size and depth are up to you. You cannot go around it but must imagine a way to cross it. Whatever you need to cross the river is already within your mind, just imagine seeing yourself do it.

Q4. How do you cross the river?

I simply walk through it

Q5. What does the water look like?

It is pure, clean, clear, and very cold. You can see straight everything on the bottom.

Q6. How fast is the water current?

It is fast, sometimes it is even hard to walk through this river.

Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what?

There are stones in the bottom, round and mid-size (about the size af a small apple), with some freenish water flora groing on them.

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house?

The house is dark-brown, with even darker roof, and gray fence.

Q9. What condition is the house in?

It is old, but kept in reasonable good condition: you can see that it is being fixed from time to time, so people could live there.

Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who?

Yes. There is a couple of village people in their early fifties living there.

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup?

It is a white plastic cup.

Q12. What condition is the cup in?

It was used, and is dirty.

Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what?

The cup is empty, but contains the reminding of some strong alcoholic beverage.

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail?

There is a huge pile of old trees and their branches. It is everywhere, and those trees seem to be dead, without any green leave on them, but with plenty of clearly unedible mushrooms, such as those growing on decaying trees. The trees smell like decaying trees smell. The branches go everywhere, they are dark-brown to black, and sharp.

Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle?

There is a forest, very rich, with trees of every kind and every size. That looks like no human had been in this forest yet, or only the people from the nearby village go there to hunt and to pick the trees for their fire. The forest does not have any roads, just a pure wild nature.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Now you have had a break, go back to every question and look at your response. Try and find what you feel that your mind presented the image it did. Explain colours you chose, textures, water, cup, solids, liquids, space, objects, people, anything and everything that you wrote from your projected image, try and find what you feel to why you have that image. Don't look hard at things, instead try and look for the easy answers, as they are often the correct one's. Don't attempt to find something that isn't present, just look at each aspect for its absolute simplicity.

This is not an absolute, but something you must do in order to try and self analyse yourself. This is important. Please answer what you can, and simply define if you cannot find an emotion to a response you gave.

I toom a longer brake between making my image and analysing it in purpose, since I find it helpful to look at your feelings and thoughts in a while after expressing them.
    I found, in general, that my image is pretty realistic and related to the previous experiences in my life.

ROAD
    The road is grayish-yellow, with some black spots here and there, and with traces of green seen from time to time.
    This is an apperance of a sandy road in southern Russia. This is what I first imagine when talking about the road, since I was hiking a lot in that area when was younger. The black and green spots represents small stones, if you pick them an polish then they look beautiful.

It consists of small stones and sand, most of them sharp and with angles, not as stones and sand from the sea shore.
    Again, this is all normal road texture. I was thinking of a hiking at the very and of the day, just before stay for the night somewhere in the forest or in the field. Thiis road can make you tired and your feet painful, since some stones are sharp enough to be felt through you boots. I was thinking of that feeling of tiredness, when the soon relief setting a fire, cooking your food, and a night sleep is expected. I was also thinking of being in the place I like to be with people I like to be with.

It is semi-solid, I mean you can go on it easily, but sometimes your feet slip in the sand, and sometimes the sand and small stones reach the end of your boots.
    I was imagining the walking on this road: you walk fast, but, since you slip back in the sand, it makes you to spend a lot of energy but to proceed slow, and sometimes to fall. I was thinking about this walking, which makes your all exausted.

RIVER
    I simply walk through it
    Yes. What is an easier way to go through the water? If it too deep, I can swim.

It is pure, clean, clear, and very cold. You can see straight everything on the bottom.

I am afraid of water, but not of water itself, rather of what is hiding on the bottom. In fact, it is hard to force me to go to the unclear water. I did not have experience with drowing or anything like this, but in fact sometimes have nihmares about the dirty water and dead bodies on the bottom, which appear suddenly. I do not swim in any natural bodies of water, except for if I can see the bottom and if there is someone I trust is next to me. Thus, the only water I can walk throug is clean and clear. This is cold, because I assosiate cold with clean. Example: snow or ice appear clear, and they are cold. I can see everythin on the bottom, because otherwise I will not go to this water.

It is fast, sometimes it is even hard to walk through this river.
    I assosiate fast current with cleannes of water. The fast mountain rivers are clean, while marshes are full of standing water. Also, the fast-running water for me does not have too much living organisms, but rather symbolizes the life itself.

There are stones in the bottom, round and mid-size (about the size af a small apple), with some freenish water flora groing on them.
    This is a usual appearance of the bottom of such river.
    I was thinking of fighting with the current and an attempt to keep you balance while walking on this surface.

The house is dark-brown, with even darker roof, and gray fence.
    Socu house just seems to be cozy for me. It is dark-brown because most woody houses are brown, and because I simply love dark-brown color everywhere. It does not symbolyse anything for me, just looks good. I was thinking of coziness of a house in the remote area, with this unforgettable smell of fresh wood. The roof is darker because it is exposed to the wheather the most, and covered by the protective stuff. The fence is gray because it it concrete, which is gray. I also like gray color, just because I like it. Yes, the fence is very tall, to provide adequate protection.
    This is the only unrealistic picture from my imagery. Normally, the houses in remote area if Russia have small woody fences.

It is old, but kept in reasonable good condition: you can see that it is being fixed from time to time, so people could live there.
    Such house is associated with life inside of it, and with work being done in oorder to keep you house in good conditions. I was thinking of people living in houses of this type, and working on them. I feel a great respect toward them. A lazy person can not survive and keep the house good. This condition indicates hard-workers.

Yes. There is a couple of village people in their early fifties living there.
    I suggest that onec I am in the open field in the remote area, and see the house, I will stop there and try to talk to whoever lives there, just to find out the way somewhere and to connect with native people. I found people in their fifties the easiest ones to talk to. They are not those crazy teens, where you do not know what to expect. They are normally traditional, and think much the same way as I do and share the same values. I can not get alone with my peers, but easily find connection with people 15-20 years older.
    I was thinking of being invited for a cup of tea or something, as Russians do to strangers, and a nice talk.

It is a white plastic cup.
    The plastic cups on the road indicate that someone was here recently. I was feeling alerted when imagined this cup. That means, there are pther people around, and hell knows who they are.

It was used, and is dirty.
    Oh, the people who through they trash in the field. Disgusting. Try not to meet with them. However, there is just one cup, so someone could lose it. At any case, be aware that I am not alone here, so pay attention and watch out. Would be nice to have my Bullmastiff with me.

The cup is empty, but contains the reminding of some strong alcoholic beverage.
    Not good. Just not good. I will prepare anything I can use as a weapon in a case of attack.
    I do not know why I pictured this cup. It just appeared in front of my eyes.

There is a huge pile of old trees and their branches. It is everywhere, and those trees seem to be dead, without any green leave on them, but with plenty of clearly unedible mushrooms, such as those growing on decaying trees. The trees smell like decaying trees smell. The branches go everywhere, they are dark-brown to black, and sharp.
    Again, this is a normal obstacle you can meet in the nature.
    I was thinking of finding the way of walking around it, or just going over it... well, I will be scratch all over in a latter case ;) The dead trees are pretty smelly, I can not call this smell bad, but it is not a smell of life. The mushroom on these trees also indicate that something died here. Those shrooms do stink. You should be careful to go over all that, since, beside beaing scratch and posisbly breaking you legs, you do not know what is hiding inside. It is scarry and disgusting. I feel lonely and scared. However, this is something I HAVE TO deal with, and something I eventually can overcome.

There is a forest, very rich, with trees of every kind and every size. That looks like no human had been in this forest yet, or only the people from the nearby village go there to hunt and to pick the trees for their fire. The forest does not have any roads, just a pure wild nature.
    Here, I just assumed that whatever is behind the obstackle is what you are eventually striving to. In this case, it is a live forest, full of life, and friendly. There are nice edible mushrooms, and herbs, and berries, and everything you may need, even a shelter. I imagine this simple because I grew up in the forest, and love it. My main feeling about that was a peace, the one only a nature can bring into your soul.

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Linda, sorry for taking so long... as you are aware, I have not been well myself. So, lets see what we have here shall we?

You feel that life has hurt you in so many ways, and is difficult most of the time for you to navigate, painful even. You are trusting within intimacy, enjoy intimacy even, though still remain cautious and sensible. You hide secrets of sexual intimacy, unpleasantries and possibly have recent issues regarding intimacy that confront you. Your support systems in your past have you feeling depreciated, unappreciated even, though you believe they are good enough to survive life itself. You hide secrets surrounding your past support systems, and likely feel more loved by friends and associates than your mother and father. You use immense effort to isolate these feelings of your past, to bury them within you. You moderately value commitment, likely don't let anyone close to you in the first place because you feel used likely from past deception surrounding commitment. Whilst you would like to believe you have no commitment towards anyone or anything else other than already in your life, your mind is telling otherwise, showing a fluttering thought towards someone or something alcoholic surrounding past commitment. You feel a victim of life, likely from male/s victimizing you. These males may be deceased or are no longer part of your life. Whilst this may not negate abuse itself, you feel the conditions necessary for you to grow big and strong emotionally were not always present. If love does not exist, then we often feel fallen from it, isolated and departed. You are pessamistic about your future, even feel it will be quite wild, thus you prepare to attack it instead of negotiate it.

5. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Hmmm... First of all, I will preobably need a dictionary to understand that all completely. The language is pretty I would say strange.
    Well, I see something right and something wrong (for example, do not remember any negative experience form intimacy). Did not understand which "support systems"you mean, and what is ***showing a fluttering thought towards someone or something alcoholic surrounding past commitment. ***
    No, I am not pessimisyic about my future, but I realize that if you came here without a penny in your packet you have to make everything yourself, and that requires you to attack your life and your future. Pf course, if you dpo not want to live among subhumans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar