• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Literally Anything Could Happen Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binkie

Learning
I am preparing myself for a maelstrom of emotions tomorrow for two reasons

1) My friend is calling my psychiatrist tomorrow to tell him I'm not coping. I could get no help whatsoever, or I could get sectioned (again) or anything in between. I'm hoping for something in between - being sectioned was a huge trauma to me (I'm a qualified mental health practitioner but not immune from mental health problems) although is not the reason I have PTSD. Just keep everything crossed, please, that something can be done. The irony is I have no idea what I want or need.

2) Yesterday I found a red lump on my dog's leg and it looks nasty as it has a black ring round the outside of it. I'm going to ring the vet first thing in the morning and ask if he can be seen tomorrow too. He is 13 and a half, I've had him from 14 weeks old, and am preparing myself for the fact that it could be cancer.

Terrified.

I really hope that both things end with the outcome you are hoping for, that you get the help you need and that its nothing serious with your dog, mine is almost 11 so i understand the fear on that one.

Thanks both :) I've just had a really close look at this lump and it looks like a wart that he's chewed, so not as worried as I was half an hour ago. I'll be taking him to the vet tomorrow regardless.

Binkie, its hard to think about all the things that could happen. You found something very concrete, and it is frightening.

Can you visualize a puzzle, a BIG a very HUGE puzzle you throw on the floor?
Many small pieces scattered all over the place. Here you are, the reality could be anything, any piece, you cant possibly know which one fits. Today, here on sunday, you can think of anything. Tomorrow is tomorrow. You are here writing, you sekoe the more you sense, analyze things do turn out differently because by saying

it looks like a wart that he's chewed, so not as worried as I was half an hour ago.

It has changes, another variation.

you sekoe the more

Sorry, keyboard problems.

Anyways, I hope you find some moving away from fear to a place of more options. How can it ever be anything else? Rigidity never exists, it has never made sense. What makes sense is whats here now.

I've been speaking to a friend tonight who is actually my old vet from where I used to live. I sent him a photo of this lump and he said he thinks it's benign but it needs a needle biopsy. I'm taking my dog to the vet tomorrow regardless, and will update you when he's been seen. I'll also update you on what happens as a result of my friend calling my psych :cautious:

Thanks Whiteraven!

My friend spoke to my psychiatrist's receptionist this morning and my psych is going to call me ASAP. They are trying to bring my appt for the 27th forward but have no cancellations.

My dog's vet appt is at 4.30pm (UK time), and yes, he is beautiful! Is there a way to post a photo?

Today has not been good. My dog's lump probably isn't cancerous but I need to keep an eye on it. I asked the vet to check his heart and the vet said he has atrial fibrillation, which is extremely dangerous. He said he'll need cardiac treatment at some point, but my dog is 13 and a half and I don't think I could put him through it. I doubt I'd be able to afford it too.

My friend called my psychiatrist this morning and spoke to his secretary. He said my dr needed to speak to me urgently and urged her to get the dr to call me today. As expected, I have received no call from him. He always returns messages and almost always the same day, so I suspect his secretary hasn't passed the message on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back