• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Living With Ptsd , Newby Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmanuel

New Here
Hi my name is Emmanuel , I am 47 and have been diagnosed 6 years ago . No other mental health issues such as "bipolar , psychotic etc ' . I am a father of two amazing girls . I am currently going through a divorce after 8 year most probably because I have still not have healed or worked on the core issues of my PTSD , in fact besides my girls and some friends , I am unable to keep intimate relantionships with great difficulty . I have done ACT and CBT therapy with great advancements in my daily living . This year I have added anti anxiety and depression meds which also have helped but since they are suppressors vs healers , when I have an episode they are much more explosive and acary than before , catch 21

welcome Emmanual. I hope you have a therapist that you can trust enough to share with when things are scary. There are some great resources/information about addressing traumas in other therapeutic ways.

Welcome! This is a great place to share and find out you are not alone and get the experience of others to help on your healing journey.
This is hard work. No one here will tell you otherwise. Meds help to calm us down to apply what we are learning. Possibly the meds you are on are not the right ones for you. We all hate the "med search".
So Hope you read and share and know you are not alone.

Welcome to the forums Emmanuel. It is great to hear that you are being proactive in your path to healing. You have found a good place with some great people, who can relate, and so many posts, all here to help you continue on your path. I am sorry for the reasons that brought you here, but glad you found us. Take Care x

Sometimes it takes awhile to find the correct medicine. This can be frustrating, sometimes scary (sometimes symptoms worsen), but with a good doctor there should be something to help the moods level out enough so you can concentrate on healing. Therapy along with medication has been shown to work the best. The meds take care of physical imbalances so you can work on emotional imbalances. Working through trauma is painful without a doubt and may feel worse. Break throughs are sweet however!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back