• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Log Your Daily Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Anrish and @TheBubzilla thank you for your answers on what running feels like! :D They were powerful and visceral and I can imagine them. :) When I was young I could climb trees, and roller-skate, and I ran down a block one time and that felt like flying, I just hold onto that. :)

Today the kids and I did 30 min. of kundalina yoga and I'm super glad we pushed through even if nobody was in the mood when we started. :)

I love the answers to your question @Glitterkitty about what running feels like. I never really loved running in my younger days until I got back into it as an adult. It was as though running was waiting for me the entire time I was gone, just waiting for me like a long-lost friend. We picked up and took off as though I had never been gone at all.

Along with all the other amazing answers about running, it can sometimes feel like you are hitting yourself in the head with a hammer - and that old joke that the reason you do it is cause it feels so good when you stop. That glorious runners' high - I get that almost all the time.

I am still not a 'born runner' but there are times that it feels as close to flying as I have ever gotten - feet barely touching the ground, body totally involved and under your complete control, pushing yourself because it's only you with your body, your mind working to pave the way or block the way depending only on the day you have had, and you want to see what you can do as you talk to your mind, coax it, comfort it, challenge it. The body follows.

Your body releases lactic acid when you have a few moments when your legs can feel stiff and heavy but then almost like magic, you are light as fairy dust and fast as lightening.

Better than any drug. Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back