• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Long Hair Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you wear your turban? I always twist the towel with my head down, then pull the tip to the back of my head and tuck it under; problem is, if I leave that in for more than a few minutes my hairline retains the wave shape and that looks extremely awkward.
My turban is like a long triangle with a head shape and one end down to a point with a button. So I just put the head part on, lean forward, let my hair drop into the triangle and then button it around the back so no twisting of the hair. After about 5 - 10 minutes I then drop it down again and button on the other side so it only slightly folds the hair.

This is it but I find my hair folds around the side rather than over the top as much but as you can visualise it doesn't twist or bend the hair much other than the lifting up [DLMURL]http://www.sopretty.com.au/products/microfibre_hair_turban_large/298/1[/DLMURL]

It smells really good to me too and is like aroma therapy.

I really love it and am looking into how much their other products cost. I'm so sensitive to shampoo and I've never found anything I'm happy with.

Will have to look into this.
As Alba said Nicolett...shiny, shiny, shiny and soooo soft. My son said it my hair feels like when you stroke a cat!

One day, my mother just took me (age 5, before school for sure) and cut my hair short.

What is it with mothers who can't be bother looking after their daughters hair (or son's) and teaching them how to look after it? If I had a daughter I would love to do her hair in different styles.
PS... I'm a natural blonde every 5 - 6 weeks for about a week

My hair is a very pale, dull chestnut brown mixed with grey! I have more grey than my H!! :roflmao: I get it coloured a darker brown every 5 weeks with a professional colour at the hairdressers. I'm thinking of having some copper highlights done before Christmas. I think yours is probably better with a few foils through it Nicolette. It adds tone and looks more natural. :D

Oooh, I really REALLY want my hair long again. I shaved it last year after I got sick of having to dye the roots dark from going dark brown at one stage. I wore wigs instead until it grew back, and hated it short, even though it felt really nice. I had fun with the wigs, but now I'm over all that and just want it long again.

It has grown quite fast though, thankfully, and is now just at my shoulder...but still quite short. I really miss my long hair.

I feel like it's sacrilege to say it, but, I've been tying what little hair I do have back with an elastic band the last couple of days. Does that count as 'poor self-care' or self-abuse?

I use coconut shampoo and conditioner, and it makes it really soft, though I would like to try the olive oil before hand and see what happens. Flat beer also makes it all fluffy if you rinse it first before shampooing.

What is it with mothers who can't be bother looking after their daughters hair (or son's) and teaching them how to look after it? If I had a daughter I would love to do her hair in different styles.

Well, if they cared at all they'd care about the hair, too, I suppose. Mine didn't, but oh well.

Here's a pic (at age three, more or less) to give an idea of my hair then... The curls never returned as much as I had them then.

DON'T MIND THE BEER :eek: :D

kleine mit bier.jpg

I'm obsessed with my hair too. Every single hairdresser I've had has always been sooo excited to get me in the chair. "You don't colour it or straighten it or blow dry it. It's so thick! :joyful: " Haha.

Mine's at just below my shoulder blades (?) I just got it cut two days ago an inch shorter than it was. I want to grow it out so that I can donate it to somewhere that makes wigs for cancer patients. Maybe grow it to my butt? If that is even possible. :whistling: Yeah I'm rambling, sorry. :wacky:

Jen, my older brother has been growing his thick black hair out since retiring from the military years ago. Good hair runs in the family, thankfully.

My last driver's license shows me sporting a butch of sorts, it's looking like this:
beautiful-brunette-girl-hair-long-hair-natural-Favim.com-44265.jpg

Though I'm not that cute and young, have long since removed both nose rings and my tatt is on my forearm and ear. My hair is dark and thick but wow is it weirdly straight.

Thanks for the tips about products. My mother does mention cutting, I won't! I don't know really what made it grow other than I stopped going to salons and messing with it. I don't was every day or every other day because I tend to have dry hair, so once every few days works better and putting it in braids helps. I also deep conditions each time I wash it. If I have to blow dry due to time constraints I only blow the roots.

I did the same thing Alby did,one day I looked in the mirror and I looked like mother, that was NOT acceptable. I may have to layer it to deal with it but for now I'm not doing anything of the sort lest someone with a pair of shears decides they know best ;)

II have more grey than my H!!

I have the unfortunate talent/gift/curse of growing a grey hair or several EVERY time I stress (even my eyebrows which really bugs the crap out of me). Needless to say that is a lot of grey hair. I am almost white on the top and sides, mixed from the crown of my head through the back. I keep waiting to go all white so I can look like a female Steve Martin. My grey is that color and I find it really attractive.

I have much more grey than my husband and even my 73 year old mother. :wideeyed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back