• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Look What The Cat Dragged In

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey, Mabel, look what the cat dragged in!"

Hi, I'm deer_in_headlights.

I used to "live here", with my beloved family-of-the heart. I have missed being here, with my adoptive and much-loved and treasured family. I dropped off the computer screen, March 29, 2011 due to incapacitating neurological damage.

I was unable to make it back, until this past weekend, and cried as Anthony held open welcoming, compassionate and understanding arms.

I cannot introduce myself, but my initial introduction and trauma diary should give you a bit of an idea of who I am.
I'm still learning my way around this beautifully re-designed site, so I apologize for not providing you with links to my old and returning posts.

I have PTSD, and something new since I left, physical pain (to put it mildly). I still cannot use a computer, but find using an iPad with stylus allows me to write. I mention this because even with the help of the above, I get hit roughly 4xs/hr with waves of crippling pain. If a wave hits while writing, I'll have to stop everything and post something like "Gtg pain".

Much more to write, but speak of the nasty, pain is amping up... Gtg
With love!

Pleased to meetcha, too, FridayJones:). I love your avatar!

Thank you, for your lovely welcome back, Ghostybear!:) Thank you for helping me feel right back at home, even among lots of new faces:tup:. What a gorgeous parrot! I'm looking forward to learning about you, and your beautiful bird!

Dear Laurie, I have a feeling you are quite a kindred spirit. Thank you:hug:

You all are a wonderful pain remedy, you touch my heart, thank you!:happy:

Hi Greenleaf! Thank you for your sweet welcome, and kind words! It's very nice to meet you!:)
Your name is a lovely "touchstone" for me - among my best resources for getting present is to be outside with trees, and enjoy the sight and sounds of their lovely leaves. I can breathe, then...
Your name equates to comfort, healing, life:)

Hi Cashew! What a cute name you've chosen:). Thank you for your gracious welcome, and it's very nice to meet you!:)

Nighthawk! Hooray!!! My sweet buddy!!! It's great to see you!!! :woot::joyful:

Amethist, Is there an emoji of running around screaming in joy? That's what I want to do, seeing you!!! :joyful::joyful::joyful: I love you soooooo much!!!!:joyful::joyful::hug:

Ayesha, sweet, gentle, wonderful Ayesha... Going from excitement to soft tears at seeing you again (good ones). You have touched my heart and soul so deeply, in ways that have been with me all these years - and most likely, forever. It's good to see you, beautiful, noble survivor and triumphant sweet soul. :cry:&:)

It is very wonderful to see you all:cry::):joyful::hug:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back