• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Looking For Anyone That's Out There Dealing With Ptsd 100% Prescription Medicine Free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nice to read that there are so many people who deals with PTSD without any meds. I am really scared of taking any meds, I am sometimes even little afraid of taking suplements...

Joannamagdalena, if you can find a licensed nutritionist, supplements can be a huge help. I found they have been for me. Not all supplements are legit, just like meds. I have a preference for supplements sold by Standard Process, Inc. They have proven their worth to me, no guarantees they can do anything for you, though.

I have never taken any meds to deal with it.

To be honest I am scared of using them, I already have issues with dissociation I don't need that to get any worse than it already is.

Also once I went to the doctors when I was younger and he said to me theres nothing meds will do, the stuff is still happening so the only thing I could do is get out.

Nice to see so many other people coping without, I do agree with what others have said though, a therapist is a must, or you will just end up falling apart. I would say that meds or no though.

As it has been already said, I also find vit. B and magnesium very helpful. That and vit. D (with vit. K2) are the only things I take. But even that makes me feel little uncomfortable.

I'm not talking about meds, I'm talking about nutritional supplements. Big difference. In our society we eat too many factory processed foods that remove a lot of nutrients. Vitamins are one thing, but there is so much out there that our bodies need that are not vitamins.

My psychiatrist and I are trying to wean me off of antidepressants and ADHD meds. I'm scared because every time I've gone off antidepressants, I can't remember why I'm still here. :(

Sometimes there are some cases where the patient may have no choice but meds.

I've been in meds since I flipped my lid in 2006
Just weaned off Zoloft a year ago, but I still use my Xanax occasionally. I forget it's available to me sometimes, like this past weekend. Freaking out panic attacks for two days before I even remembered maybe I should take a Xanax. Ugh. And I'm actually considering going back on he antidepressants- but I'm going to try to stay off, tired of zombie mode.
I am a big believer in marijuana though. I don't use much, but just a bit almost every day. Since my state doesn't allow medical yet, the right strains are hard to come by - if it causes paranoia though you can eat a bit of black pepper- the terpenes in pepper counteract the ones in pot that cause paranoia.

I would like to say I'm somewhat med-free. I only take two drugs for sleep and we think its medical more than from the PTSD (because I have ALWAYS had sleep issues). Drugs in question are Trazadone(sp) for insomnia and Valium for nightmares/anxiety take as needed. Both which, I rarely touch but will have one when I need them. Outside of that I dropped the SSRIs (for good this time) a year ago. And I just cope with it, deal with it. TBH I honestly can say that I felt better while not on meds. Every person's body is different and as long as I'm in a *safe* environment I tend not to feel like I need them at all. Some people benefit from meds, I don't really...I just don't like how I feel when on them. The head fog from the sleeping meds alone is enough for me.

Like you the biggest thing that helped me lately is my own spiritual path. (although I'm not Christian) Jesus was a pretty awesome dude (random musician bomb here- did you know "Everything you Want" by Vertical Horizon is about Jesus ;) ?). And a lot of people get a long of strength from him. I too get strength from my alters (or their spirit guide like influences). Meditation, music, among other things. Playing my guitars until my fingers are raw. Drawing. It's just kicking it into gear. You're welcome to PM me if you want too.

I am, at the moment, med-free. I have a wonderful therapist and I have a couple essential oils that I use (though not enough). I took Zoloft for about 3 years, but I found that I gained a lot of weight and it gave me suicidal thoughts. Mostly I don't think it helped at all. I tried a couple of anti-psychotics (as my psychiatrist decided I was bipolar and not PTSD), but they made things much worse. I'm leaning towards starting meditation and yoga. I'd like to change my diet too, but we all know that can be a real challenge. It's really insightful to read everyone's responses. I don't want to be dependent on drugs my whole life. So it's really good to read about others' experiences and what helps.
I too am Christian though I don't bring it up much. There are many people who have negative connotations with faith in my life. For me, it remains very personal. And obviously here it can be a trigger.

As far as marijuana goes, I have partaken. However, I have too many negative connotations with it right now. It triggers me to even smell it. So I am not going that route either.

My friend told me about biaural beats today which is, I guess, music to listen to that will help with meditation, focus, etc. I'm really interested to try it. Has anyone used this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back