• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship Looking For Female Support Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlessedRUs

I've been in a relationship for over a year with a man who has PTSD.

I went into this blindly.

He has qualities that I've been looking for my entire life (I'm 51), but I have no idea how to deal with the PTSD. He has been in therapy for years and works extremely hard to overcome the challenges PTSD presents, but it is still extremely challenging for me on a daily basis.

I'm looking for a female who would like to be electronic pen-pals to support each other.

I would love to correspond with you, although I have very little experience with PTSD myself. My husband of 7 years has developed PTSD recently after a traumatic event, and he recently left home, although our marriage before his recent illness was absolutely perfect. I don't know whether I would be a help with information, there are much more experienced people here on the website, but I would love to help with whatever I can, and I do need support myself, because I am completely lost and don;t know what to expect.

I encourage you to join the forum. Its free and there is a whole community of electronic pen-pals here to support each other.

Also I recommend that you watch the videos at the link at the top of the Supporter Relationship page.

BlessedRU's, I would be greatful for a support buddy. My ex fiancé left me 2 months ago and started isolating himself. No contact. We were to be married in March. Dated a yr and a half. It hurts so very much, he was very kind, loving and supportive. Never had I met anyone like him before. He has severe PTSD and from I've learned in this site is that this is normal behavior for someone who suffers, they want to be loved but will push you away to avoid being loved. Confusing but I'm trying to understand. There was never any closure. I would have done anything for this man. I loved him and wanted to be there for him but he decided not to let me in and pushed me out of his circle of trust. I take it day to day, but still love him.

I've been in a relationship for over a year with a man who has PTSD.

I went into this blindly.

He has qualities...

Thank you for the kind responses!
I'm new to this forum thing. Is there a way to send a private message to exchange emails addresses?

Welcome to the forum. Anytime you would like to have a one on one conversation, you just have to pm them.Anytime you would like to, you can pm me for support. That's to anyone:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back