• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Looking for Interviews...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelitqueen

New Here
Hey, I don't know if this is the right spot to post, but anyway. My name is Rachel Leon and I'm a student journalist at Patrick Henry College. A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after being sexually assaulted last year. I'm trying to raise awareness on campus by writing a story on PTSD. If any of you all are interested in being interviewed (either by phone or email), I would love to talk to you. I am also interested in talking to carers of those with PTSD. Let me know.

~Rachel

Sure. I'll do it. If I can help educate others, I'm all for it. Yeah there's a chance you're not legit, seen a few of those in my day. But precautions can be taken that won't be any problem for either of us.

Moderated members cannot PM members, however; they can read PM's sent to them. I would send your email contact to them as they can read and contact you from that.

I will PM you my details for discussion.

GRAMA HERC will be glad to help. As the others have said the more input and discussion about this the more aware people will become. Available help is so important. Thanks for your interest

Linda, since you are moderated and cannot PM I will send this person your email address in a PM for you instead of it being posted on the forum.

I don't understand the "moderated member"? Granted Im new here and don't know the history of this site, maybe someone can fill me in on it. It would seem to me if someone came here with a real crisis and there were issues that could not be talked about in an absolute public forum then private messaging with someone who is walking the same path as you would help.

Does anyone know of any PTSD forums that directly deal with guys returning from Iraq and Stan? I have a very limited amount of time available to be on a computer, could use some advice, but can't jump through the hoops to do it. I doubt this message will even be posted as it will end up "moderated".

Briefly, members are in moderation initially to protect the others here from spammers, hateful messages and so on. It is usually of a very short duration. Rarely a member will be placed back in moderation for a serious infraction which disrupts the board. Additionally Tactman, please know that this board is not designed as a crisis line. It is for support and information, however not immediate assistance. I had posted a link regarding moderation in your thread, here I will repost. Please read the following two threads, they will answer your questions regarding moderation and the nature of this forum:

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread5669.html[/DLMURL]

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread5113.html[/DLMURL]

Firstly I apologize for my disrespectful tone in the message I left in this particular thread. It took me an hour or so to understand what this forum is about and now that I grasp it I can see where some people can obtain genuine help.

As far as the thread starters request for interviews I would donate some time in hopes that one thing I share might help a soldier who happens upon this site or the paper that the thread creator is writing.

There will be limitation on the amount of information I will be able to divulge but all in all I will give you my full attention and cooperation. Private message me of a couple of dates as to when you will be available and we will try to work out a timeframe.

No response from Rachel?
Is she legit? Has she been checked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back