1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Looking For PTSD Information - Factual For Court

Discussion in 'General' started by motorjack, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motorjack

motorjack Active Member Premium Member

hello everyone

I looking for info on two fronts. I watched a program either on w-five or 60 mins about ptsd and military. They were exploring the fact that they telling people its a personality defect and not ptsd. This is similar to my events at this time and have a court battle coming up. Also if anyone has any news articles or information reguarding claims denied for these reasons. I would love the help or any area that give me info.......

Also looking for info or a site about timelines of ptsd ( as we also advised that ptsd must show up one month after the event or its not ptsd.....awwwww)
    Thanks mj

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

It is a common fact PTSD does not show up right after all the time. I did not hit full blown for years. At least not all the symptoms showed, just stupid crap I pulled and drinking way too much to be able to deal with people. Never knew I had it or could have it until too many hospital bills. Start hitting the info and news section here hardcore. My ass 1 month...

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Ugh, it's amazing how stupid courts and social systems are about PTSD. Stick to your guns and dig in to get the outcome you are looking for. I'm fighting for disability myself, and even they can't grasp it!

bec

5. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Keep up the good Fight MJ I'll see if I can find any info for you Keep your chin up, and hold on, we will talk soon.

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Paul, there is a myriad of information from doctors stating that PTSD is not actually to show up one month after the fact, and if you want to get straight to the facts, then the actual DSM IV (TR), being the most current version, states:

With Delayed Onset: if onset of symptoms is at least 6 months after the stressor
    [DLMURL]http://www.behavenet.com/capsules/disorders/ptsd.htm[/DLMURL]

PTSD itself DOES NOT have an actual timeline for when a person should have it from the stressor itself, but more changes per person, per situation, all very unique. No physician could say with any expertise, that PTSD is formed within the first month after the stressor. People get stressed, PTSD or not, after a stressor, but that does not negate PTSD itself.

I find it a little difficult to believe any physician is also going to attempt to go against what the actual manual itself says, considering the manual is the guide for all physicians in order to standardise diagnosis and categorization. A solicitor doesn't know shit when it comes to this stuff, and will only try and blindside the facts in order to benefit themselves and their client.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar