• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Looking For Topical Events To Incorporate

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
Ok all, lets put your self esteem right out there, and see who is willing to jump in feet first and teach some skills.

If you have a skill, and think that skill could help others with their PTSD, or have nothing to do with PTSD even and you just want to share it with others to boost your self confidence, then tell me about it, and we can organise an event on the chat.

For example, if Nam wanted to give art lessons, then all she would need is a web camera, audio and then broadcast to everyone her art lesson in real time.

It could be anything, for example if your talent is finance, and you have qualification in the finance sector, the maybe you might want to run an event on helping people budget personal finance and living expenses. It can be anything you want, you simply have to be willing to give the time, maybe expose yourself via web camera to other members (self esteem building), or there are a miriad of ways and techniques I have up my sleeve and available to deliver events for members.

Tell me about them here and if your keen, I am to help you get them off the ground. This is about helping yourself, whilst helping others or just having fun for all. Get imaginative..... but I think the idea has scope. Tell us what you are willing to run....

< edited by anthony: Not on topic of this conversation. There are enough links to your homepage already, no more. >

That's a great idea, anthony! I don't know if I feel ready to do anything like that myself though, and I guess I would need a webcam. But in case I feel like doing anything later... I am a comic book illustrator, by training anyways... not working right now except on my own private stuff. So I could teach people how to draw comics, or write a tutorial on it, with scans, etc. I know how to draw the DC / Marvel style, Manga, and I have my own personal style as well. I haven't been trained in Asterix and Obelix, as it's just a personal style of Uderzo, but I like those comics as well and I'm pretty good at recreating the characters. Other than that, I have a pilot's license, from when I was in the air force cadets, and I've kept it current although I don't get to log many flight hours these days. But I don't know how I would teach you guys about flying over the internet haaa.

Anyways great plan, I'm curious about what other people are into and good at!

My husband is a certified finacial planner, but works on cars instead. May point him this way, as he went and bought his own lap top now... Wonder if he was saying something? Maybe doable. He has to get his own internet card for it though now ha ha.

The only thing I think I do decent at is raising barn yard fowl. Not pigeons or pheasants though. I used to do a lot of heavy selective breeding with mainly chickens, so know a little of the genetics of the fowl. And do a decent job of figuring illnesses and treatment. I do my own care at home for the animals. Just not sure I could pull it off the top of my head as I haven't used it much in the last year. You know if you don't use it, you lose it. But most problems are pretty simple people just don't know how to treat them...

OK, may be goofy but raising and breeding barnyard fowl is my niche. Oh that and nervous break downs, I am good at those too LOL.

I could do art lessons, but I'm not sure about the whole webcam thing....I'll have to think about that. I could also tutor in photoshop.

Not joking I could and would be glad to take any fourm readers who ever decide to visit Adelaide on a fantastic days adventure on our local rail system and a tour of adelaide

I've had days to think about this now, since the idea was first posted and for the life of me can't yet think of anything. Did think of my husbands talent though and asked him if he'd be willing to sit in front of a web cam and teach a voice lesson or two. (cracking up right now). No really he has great basso profundo voice and can teach. Whether he ever would or not can be revealed in time.

Still thinking though, of something I'd might be able to offer and if I ever do think of something, ...Would that ever take Courage.

Own a web cam just can't figure out yet how to install and set up as not sure if I have correct updated web browser compatible with it.

Didn't think of this before, but I speak Welsh. I'm a bit rusty because I have no one to practice with here, plus it's a bit of a trigger to me since it's my dad's side of the family that's Welsh (my mother was Scottish). Anyways I could make tutorials for learning Welsh, or at least for pronouncing certain words that a lot of English speakers have trouble with.

I would be more than happy to teach various skills such as stress relaxtion, time management, assertiveness techniques. etc... If there are specific skills that are requested, I can build a program for it.. (one of my fav things to do in Social Services :)

Bec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back