• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Loss of a pet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone is going through this. You're not alone. (And this isn't why I suffer from PTSD, to be clear.) My dear feline kept me sane through my personal hell. I always wondered how he was such a rock for me. He passed recently with advanced heart disease. I miss him more than I've ever missed anyone. Through all of it, my trauma as well as his ICU visits (3), he never skipped a beat (no pun intended). Maybe my hell became his hell with his disease. I'm feeling this loss very deeply, to the degree that I sense that people think I'm a bit nuts. They're nuts to not have the support and unconditional love of such a unique and sweet boy. He remained so even keel throughout everything.

He allowed me to feel, and to love. Like a little silent, yet very persistent co-pilot. I am very sad. And very blessed at the same time.

I am so sorry for your loss. Animals get sick, but it wasn't your fault. I am sure he loved you very much and felt your love returned to him.

My cat is getting up there in age and I worry every day that I am going to fall apart when she is gone.

I would love to hear more about him.

I had to put my precious 24 yr old cat down last year... I am still listening for her... like your sweet boy, she was the only constant in my life... I don't think I will ever stop missing her.... this is so hard.... I've only missed my mom as much as miss my girl... I understand, wish both of us could have had our kitters forever.... so sorry, and I feel your pain...

They spend more time at our side than most people, even family members. So of course we feel the loss so hard. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe in time you'll be ready to give that same love to another cat who needs it.

I am sorry for your loss. I am glad you had the relationship with him. I can understand why you feel blessed. I hope for you another companion cat when you are ready.

My dear feline kept me sane through my personal hell.

I has a dog who became my inadvertent PTSD dog. She naturally did all the things trained PTSD dogs do. When she died I fell apart.

I understand the sadness you feel. When you are ready please consider adopting an unwanted cat (or dog :)). It isn't a cure but it can ease the sting and remind you that you are not alone.

That's what I did, I rescued a dog... wasn't ready for another cat, miss mine too much... but my little rescue is a little miracle worker.... she makes me laugh...

I too am sorry for your loss. I lost my beloved kitty 18 months ago. He had cancer.

I miss him everyday. He was a gentle soul.

Take care of yourself the best you can.

Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back