• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Lost, But Alive - Childhood Abuse Equals PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moey

New Here
Hi I am new to this site. I also suffer from PTSD. I am not good with sites but after many years of suffering I thought I would give it a try.

I grew up in an alcholic home. My dad was quite violent. My mother was a diabetic and my father was giving her the insulin and messed up one too many times. She died when I was 12. I was in 6 foster homes after that and faced the usual array of problems that only some foster homes can offer.

I was married at 23 but my husband molested 2 of my sisters children. One at 2 1/2 years old and the other from 8 to 14. I was more shocked at myself for not picking up on it and have blamed myself constantly for the terror they went through (and still go through)

4 years ago I was in a head-on-collision in a tunnel and was extremely luck to live. 2 years ago I was hit by a car as a pedistrian.

It was a rough go as all of you know I am sure. And here I am..

So that is my start to the forum......not sure what I am hoping for but thanks in advance to any that read and reply.

Hello Moey, welcome.:smile:
Wow, you are one tough lady.
not sure what I am hoping for but thanks in advance to any that read and reply.
We hope that you will have some comfort (as little as it may be) that you have others that totally understand what you are going through. Welcome aboard.
Nam

Hey Moey,

Glad to have you here!

Two accidents! OUCH!
Sometimes life just sucks sometimes,
that's why were here
vent, make friends, learn...
and we'd [DLMURL="http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread201.html"]love to hear about your day[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Moey,
Welcome to the forum.

You will find support and receive good advice from people who care and share similar experiences.

Hang in there and don’t lose hope. It will take time but it will get easier.

Socks

Hi Moey! I'm new too but no matter how we've come to suffer the effects of trauma, we all know how it feels. You must have felt like your troubles would never end, and that nobody could understand. I hope you find some comfort and strength here.

I know that you have emotional and mental scars from the accidents, but do you also carry the burden of physical ailments caused by the accidents?

Welcome Moey,

Thats a lot of stuff to happen to one lady. Hope this forum gives you a bit of space to share with others who have suffered trauma and maybe a bit of respite from the stuff that goes on inside. Good to have you here.

Hi Moey... welcome aboard, and very glad to be able to chat with such a luchy lady. I say lucky, because one head on, then hit by a car... damn, did you buy a lotto ticket after surviving all that? I would have...

Why is it always children? What the hell is wrong with some adults to actually abuse children, allow them to growup without love, support and careing. Maybe the world does need to introduce some type of parenting school, and even screening process to the mental capability to be allowed to have children. Parents are suppose to protect their kids, ensure they growup well and protect them from predators, not be the predators.

Dead set... what has the world become!!!

Hello from Moey

Thanks to all of those who sent emails to my introduction one! It was very comforting to see.

Someone asked me if I had any injuiries from the car accidents. I have a loss of memory problem and a speech problem. I also have back and neck problems, but that was very lucky compared to what it could have been.

I was just wondering how everyone else handles being diagnosed with PTSD.

I seem to fight it constantly and I am always mad at myself for not being the same as I was.

It seems to be very hard for me to believe it is real and that it can really do this much damage.

How has everyone else coped with it? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks so much

Moey

I am always mad at myself for not being the same as I was.

Me to when I was at that stage. I felt like I deteriorated so much. If you hang tough and make it through, you might see some benefit. I sort of mourned the old me and tried to live with the new me. I know that doesn't sound very good, but that was where I was after being diagnosed. There are still days now when I wish I could be "ignorant" again, but most of the time, I'm okay with being me. We have all been through so much shit and we are all still here, helping each other, and making it through life. In fact, some of us are enjoying it. This is all success. Remember that you have already made a positive step toward healing by sharing your diagnosis and learning more about it. Congratulations!

Well said Nam. Moey, it takes time, and the biggest factor is that you acknowledge that you do have PTSD. You can be diagnosed, and be ignorant, or in denial still that it exists, but these facets will only help you deteriorate slowly, instead of improve, and make it to the other side of your PTSD.

You can read heaps of content here already, and you will see how brutally honest I am about PTSD, and the fact that it will take years for you to come to terms, accept it, learn about it, rid yourself from your trauma, accept your trauma as part of your life, and move with PTSD, instead of against it.

What you think and what you believe are very often two completely different things. The technique to successfully get past the worst of PTSD, is that you need to learn and believe realistically at each and every point your at, and not second guess or think you are at a better point. Again, thinking and believing are very different. The mind is the central processor for PTSD, and it is definately the mind you must tame and control to get back to some sort of normalicy once again.

If your strong, your willing, and you really do want to get past the worst of PTSD, then you need to accept it, embrace it (because its not going anywhere anytime soon) and begin to fight the symptoms you can win first, then tackle the larger issues when a little stronger within yourself. Education and mental preparedness is key to the success of PTSD.

Everyone here can help you get past your own PTSD, whether they know it or not, but you also have to believe in yourself, in your ability, and along with ability comes your limitations, and work hard at yourself, your fears, traumas and emotions to really get a handle on PTSD.

We are here to help you Moey, we are here to just chat with, we are here to advise you, we are here to just listen... regardless what you are after within yourself, we are here for you, and that is the most important part of it all. You have support here, encouragement and people who truly know what you are suffering. Whilst how you got PTSD is different, as everyone's is, the symptoms and end result are the same.

You made the biggest steps already Moey, in that you have been diagnosed, you must accept it to some point because you found this place, which means you are actively looking to improve yourself past the realms of PTSD, to the greener pastures, which do exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back