• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Lullaby Music

• Thread starter Deleted member 1860
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1860

So I know what you're probably thinking.... Lullaby Music? Really? That's a topic for a thread? Well, Yes! (Just hear me out, LOL.)

So as of late I've been listening to a lot more harder rock as it fits my much angrier mood (I'm going through grief and this is how I'm feeling it). I was browsing on iTunes and stumbled onto Rockabye Baby! which takes rock music and turns it into a lullaby. I listened to a lot of different samples and thought "hey, these are kinda cool because I can listen to calming, soothing music that has the same tune as a lot of my favorite songs but doesn't energize me!" Well last night I was studying for an exam and listening to these rock lullaby songs. I thought they'd just calm me because I've never had music put me to sleep very easily. Lets just say I was wrong, and by 10pm I was falling over tired! I NEVER fall asleep this early, and it was especially odd given that I'd slept in until noon that day because of a migraine, and my sleep schedule was such that I haven't been going to bed until 1 or 2 am (and it usually takes awhile to shift my sleeping hours). I guess I'm sold on these rock lullabies!

Of course a lot of the reviews for this style of music declare it to be blasphemous to take such classic hits and (gasp!) turn them into a lullaby for babies, but if you get over this fact, and realize that duh, the point is to be able to let kids/babies listen to awesome classic rock hits without some of the more adult lyrics (with the added bonus of not driving parents mad after a few listens as some baby & kid music does these days), then yes, I think you may find songs that you like, too. Not every album is good (I didn't buy any Pearl Jam because they decided to add a frog croaking in the background), and not all songs stay completely true to the original. I only downloaded ones that were close enough to the original song that I could easily identify it, as I didn't just want soothing music, but soothing music that was familiar (I am comforted by certain songs and the familiar tune brings back those comforting thoughts.) Oh, and yes, these are all instrumental.

I kinda wish I had discovered these awhile ago! Maybe they'll help others sleep, too, so that's why I thought I'd share. I guess I'm shocked because music hasn't really been all that helpful at getting me to sleep in the past but darn if these lullabies don't work! Who knew they weren't just for babies? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back