• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Madness, Insanity & The World Wide Web

Thanks Muz... yep, we all travel the same road, especially those of us with the more severe version of this nasty little rabbit of a thing. Time helps a lot, is one thing I have noticed most. With time and practice, things I struggled with become easier and easier, though some new things appear as well, at times. Never boring having PTSD, that I know.

Nothing wrong with making something about yourself... we are all human and in need of support at some stage. Stay honest, stay real, and keep denial in check, and the daily battle of keeping PTSD in check becomes easier.

Sorry to contradict or be a medic nag, but I'm really not sure that valium and driving are a good combination. While it might make you non-reactive (aggression wise) to others' bad driving, it might also make you slow to react to someone else's dangerous driving. It could put you in danger - that's all I'm saying.

Anthony, your diary has brought a smile to my face. After a bad start to the day, I needed some of your no nonsense approach and honesty. Yes PTSD sucks big time. Have come a long way and lead a fairly normal life, all things considered. Like most things in life, you have to do the work and stop blaming everyone else for your life being crappy.

I still marvel at how you can run this forum with your PTSD. Including putting up with the s**t from some people and the positively negative attitude from others. :tup:

I have periods... though I've been really good for many months, I've hit a point my brain just says, "screw you pal, I'm gonna kick your arse for a while." Unfortunately, I know it all to well and just ride it out by changing my habits and doing things that don't stress me, but chill me out. My time here daily is limited at present... checking things and then getting off the Internet altogether. It isn't just here, but the Internet in general. I get annoyed... but nothing a good book doesn't help a lot with.

I have periods... though I've been really good for many months, I've hit a point my brain just says, "screw you pal, I'm gonna kick your arse for a while."

Don't you just hate it, when that happens. Sometimes it creeps up slowly. Other times it hits you like a sledge hammer. I find that learning coping skills is invaluable. My T taught me many and I will always be grateful for that. Reading a good book seems to help you, that's good.The worse possible thing to do is wallow in self pity, or go into total recall of past events.

I just wanted to add, reading posts on the forum can also be a trigger. As you say you are staying away from it at the moment. Excellent idea.

I don't go backwards Loloma... that is one thing I don't have an issue with. It is purely PTSD that kicks my arse, not past trauma memories. I'm starting to get my head above water again slowly... the last few days I've been feeling better and better. Went for a run yesterday morning and feel better again. Going for another tomorrow to try and kick myself out of this faster, if possible. I know it takes time for me... as said, it isn't memories now, just PTSD I'm dealing with. It is a beast at times for those of us in that severe level, though still manageable when tamed.

Back