• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Mania/elation/giddiness/feeling High

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyheyhey

Not Active
Hi everyone,

Does anyone sometimes experience any feelings of elation? Not sure where these are coming from and it's quite disconcerting.

I just feel super sensitive to everything...

Thanks all :)

Elation? In the sense that you are over excited? Extremely energetic? Can conquer the world? I have had that but have been dx bipolar and these times are considered a manic phase.

Sometimes when I think I might be manic it turns out now that it might just be that it's just normal happiness or contentment because I've been in such a deeply depressed phase and it just feels manic.
Idk if that helped or answered your question.

I sometimes feel elation when I'm out in nature. The beauty, the peaceful quiet, the timelessness, fill me with a sense of elation. As does the night sky. Seeing the stars and planets, meteors and galaxies, knowing that everything in the cosmos is connected, and I'm part of it.

I don't have a dx of bipolar and I feel random bouts of excitement sometimes. I usually can trace it back to something like my job which I hate, but never allow myself to express it, so when I leave I get "giddy' with excitement. That's just my experience though

I don't have a dx of bipolar and I feel random bouts of excitement sometimes. I usually can trace it b...
Chi, that's awful! Is there nowhere you can work that you won't hate? Oh, wait, you handed in your resignation, didn't you?

Does anyone sometimes experience any feelings of elation?
Yes, I do sometimes, when my back pain isn't as bad as normal, and I don't feel tired, and if the sun is out, and I can be out enjoying it.

Mind you, it's not often that all three happen at the same time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone sometimes get this? I normally get it when I feel that I have some relief from my panic or feel like my stymptoms will get better; I suddenly start feeling really high and on top of the world and then I will come back down. It lasts a few hours or so? I read once that it was the adrenaline and cortisol channeling into a happy mood/release or endorphins from the anxiety, but it makes me feel cocoloco haha. Does anyone else get this :)?

you might just want to add this onto your elation post, as to not create confusion (and being stuck watching multiple threads that bare the same topic for you), would be easier :)

Hi Silver, I was just trying to define it better because I don't think I conveyed it in a way that people got? I think people thought I meant happiness :) when I meant mania

I understand. Seems like you are going through a lot lately. Have you checked out any of the existing forums for what you are going through. (when I first joined, and I still consider myself a new member, I spent hours digging through the forums, they go back years!, was nice to be able to see how many people I could relate to, had gone through similar things to me). btw, my two cents (and of course I am not a doctor), I get the mania, which sounds like bipolar to me, but simply isn't, just stages I go through with the ptsd (says my therapist) x

you might just want to add this onto your elation post,
I have merged these.
I suddenly start feeling really high and on top of the world and then I will come back down. It lasts a few hours or so?
Two questions: are you on any medications? And, when you come back down, how would you describe your 'baseline', or 'normal'?

I understand. Seems like you are going through a lot lately. Have you checked out any of the existing f...

Hey Silver, thank you so much!! Okay, brilliant, so it can be a PTSD thing? It's normally when I feel some relief or manage my symptoms well/have an epihany via tapping or something. Maybe it's the tapping that is doing it... I swear I found an article that said some people get mania with PTSD...

Yeah, I did check the boards and couldn't find anything so started freaking out about it. I don't have anything else with it, like impulses or delusions or hallucinations - it's just mania - that's why its so weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back