• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Married, Friends Yet Still Feel Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheree71

New Here
This doesn't make sense and it irritates the bajeezes out of me. I'm happily married, have friends but I still feel totally alone. I know why. For me it marks the beginning of a depression cycle. I am totally sick of this whole thing. I have had enough!! :wall: It's like I'm visiting my life, if that makes sense. Anyway, that's my whinge. Can anyone relate???

More than you know! I'm not depressed, but dealing with so many emotions right now and it just makes me feel like I'm standing all by myself sometimes. I, for one, will be glad when this part of my recovery eases up a it.

very much. hang in there, you are seeing the truth--that you are not alone, and that it is depression coming on, so you have to keep telling yourself the truth, and look for a distraction that can put a little joy in your life. fight it, i am learning this very lesson right now, too.
cathy

i think everyone who has life feels totaly alone at times. some of us feel it more than others. but you are right depression can mess up alot i didnt know and ran from the truth about mine far too long. seeing it and knowing what is happening to you is a big step. you are doing great. hang in there.

I can relate. You know the old cliche about being surrounded by people yet lonely and being alone yet not lonely... Feeling like a bystander in your own life is also familiar to me and depression really makes it worse because that can complete the vicious cycle if I start to be alone, thus making myself more lonely. If that makes sense. I guess it is good you are happily married and have friends. My friends were very very important for me when I was really depressed last year because I stopped eating, sleeping, going out and they would come over and haul me off for meals and just company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back