• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Married To a Vet - At The End Of My Rope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annette

New Here
Hello, I've been married to a Vet for 10 years and he has a severe case of PTSD and depression, I need help. I'm a the end of my rope with him:angry-fla

hey annette, welcome to the forum. have you checked out the spouses section yet? it helps to see what others are going through in the same boat. is he getting any help (therapy, meds) for his symptoms?
cathy

Welcome to the forum. Like Cathy said their is a spouse section that may prove helpful for you.

:hello: Hi Annette,

Welcome to the forum. Many hugs to you. It is not an easy road, but neither is the sufferers road an easy one.

I am married to a vet (ranger) for just over 6 yrs been together over 8 yrs. Ranger has chronic PTSD.

Read & learning all you can about PTSD. If he isn't getting help or meds, if he is willing to be helped (he must be or you won't be able to help him much), get with your local VA. It's a pain, but necessary. We often feel like :wall: this little dude!

We (spouses) have our own section here on the forum for venting that the sufferers can't read. The sufferers have a section for just them that we can't read, as well. So we all get to vent and the other doesn't get to read what we write, unless we post to a general chat. We can ask all kinds of things and get a bunch of imput to digest & see how it relates to our own situation.

This is important for you to know: YOU ARE NOT ALONE -- THERE ARE A BUNCH OF US HERE ON THE FORUM.

If you can get your spouse to come on board the forum, he will receive a lot of support and get a lot of info here, so that he can help himself (which is what he needs to want to do).

God Bless

D (wildcritter)

Hi Annette, welcome to the forum. There is no shortage of spouses upon this forum, and plenty of help from spouses and sufferers for you. Jump in and ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back