1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Me and PTSD - Abusive Husband and Fleeing Countries

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by metaphase twig, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metaphase twig

metaphase twig New Member

Hi,
    I've been living with ptsd for over a year now. I'm an American who married an Australian and we lived down under. After we got married, he changed into someone I didn't know anymore. He began abusing me and basically held me hostage there until my brother came down and I fled the country. I left with nothing but a carry on. My ex went through my packed boxes and stole alot of my stuff just because. And then because of him I didn't get my things for 6 months--Imagine trying to start life over with nothing but what will fit in a carry on. It sucked. And I've had alot to cope with from the abuse and the end of our marriage, financial wars, etc. I have a counselor who has diagnosed me as having ptsd, and I'm taking meds for it. It's a hard, hard thing to cope with, and I'm hoping that talking about it here will help.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

It will help to talk about it. It helps tremendously. Not only do you get to talk on here, but we understand!! Hang in there, I'm glad you've found us!

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi MT... and welcome to the forum.

Yep, there are some dead set arsewipes in this world, no doubt about it. Glad you got the hell out of that relationship and to some sort of safety. Good for you for not sticking around with it.

Great to have you here, and look forward to chatting with you more.

5. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

Welcome!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar