1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Med Change Messing Me Up Bad Right Now!

Discussion in 'Medications & Substances' started by hodge, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hey guys,

This is day two totally off 10 mg. Paxil and only on 10 mg. Prozac. Two weeks ago, before the transition started, I was on 25 mg. Paxil daily. It's pathetic, but I am actually checking my little "medication calendar" to make sure. Doh.

I really wasn't expecting to feel this badly since I've also been on the Prozac every other day for the last two weeks and assumed it was building up in my system. I have clonazepam to help with anxiety. I am taking half or less the daily limit. I hate taking more than I absolutely feel I need.

Actually, I was hoping to feel better by now, but nooooo. Still depressed, still no energy, no concentration, lightheaded, nausea...I could go on, but you get the picture. So I called and talked to the RN at the clinic yesterday and she assured me that my symptoms were in the realm of "normal" for the transition I'm doing. She thought I should be feeling better by Monday and to let her know one way or the other. Oh, I will. Yes indeedy.

She mentioned flu-like symptoms. I said, do you mean like sneezing, constant runny nose, coughing? All of which I have. She said, yes. I'm like, WTF?!?!?! Aren't these symptoms of, like, heroin withdrawal???? What the heck are in these meds anyway? I didn't say that to her, I thought about that later.

She was very nice and also said her sister just got off Paxil and had a horrible time. Right now, however, I'm feeling like, oh, thanks for sharing;)

I told my husband at dinner tonight (take-out, since I was incapable of cooking) that I am hanging on to a positive attitude. I am going along as if I will be better by Monday. I'm hanging on to any possible light at the end of this tunnel. But, it's hard to keep up 24/7.

If anyone's had the goodness of heart to read this far, thank you. I hope I've been coherent. I just had to vent.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. kers

kers I'm a VIP

Hang in there, Hodge. From what I've heard, getting off of Paxil can be a bear sometimes, so at least you're not alone in the frustrating symptoms. And it's good that they had you transitioning onto Prozac by starting it every other day.

The first week or two of a med switch can suck beyond all words, so keep it at a day at a time. I hope you're feeling better soon.

4. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Thanks Kers. That gives me more confidence in my med person. Actually the last two weeks weren't too bad. It's the last couple of days off the Paxil that have been worse. But I'm not giving up hope. My psych keeps saying she's seen the right meds work wonders, so if this one doesn't work, I'll move on. It does really suck though, playing this waiting game. I try to take control and do stuff, but I feel so sick, I just end up doing little bits and making lists of what I want to do. I guess that's better than nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar