• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Medication & suicide thoughts and worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntrymom08466

Confident
Okay, as you all may know by now I have started this effexor XR and I am up to 75 mg a day. I'm supposed to go back to psychiatrist today, but my car is acting up and I don't know if I can make it or not. But the problem is yesterday evening, I was headed home, I got to feeling pretty useless as a person, mother, wife the whole nine yards like I was worthless. We have recently had to get a small gun in the house for stray dogs and critters killing our chickens and I actually had the thought of using it. I didn't even go get it though. I just started cleaning my refrigerator. But it's kind of bothering me that I actually had those thoughts. I'm wondering if that is normal being on the medication that I am. If I can't make it in to see the psychiatrist what I should do? I know I will need a refill, because I know I shouldn't go cold turkey. Any thoughts.??

If you can't physically get there, call and ask if you can do your appointment over the phone, because your car won't start but you have an urgent thing to discuss with the doctor. 99% chance they'll say yes. (1% chance how insurance works in your state is that they can bill for phone consults but NOT in lieu of a scheduled appointment, so will need to wait until their first patient break to call you back).

If they can't do your actual appointment over the phone & want to reschedule, tell them that you need a call back ASAP about possible medication related suicidal ideation. Which is what you'd be doing if you didn't have an appointment this morning.

So do you think it could medication related? Every other type medicine I've been on i don't remember having those specific of thoughts. Maybe wanting to go to sleep and not wake up but never specific to hurt myself.

Yes, I did and he said that if it was just a one time feeling that I was able to overcome, to wait and see if it becomes more frequent. He did up my medication though. Thanks for checking on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back