• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Medications Worsening Symptoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forgetful

MyPTSD Pro
I take Brintellix for depression and Temazepan for sleep. Ive been on the Brintellix for a couple of months now but I've been on the Temazepan for years. I have chronic insomnia and have been on something for the past 24 years.

Last Wednesday I felt dizzy after walking the dog. I lost my balance at the top of the stairs and fell all the way down knocking myself out on the concrete slab at the bottom.

My nephew is an EMT and when he heard that an ambulance was needed at my address he came too. He took charge of the crew which helped me feel less anxious. I was put in a neck stabilizer and onto a back board then transported to a trauma center.

The only thing I remember from the hospital was being very upset that they cut off my t-shirt and sweatshirt (I had just bought them that day). The next thing I remember is my daughter dropping my mom off at home. My daughter told me that I had x-rays and CT scans taken. Nothing was broken but I had whiplash and a concussion. I was given a prescription for codeine and a muscle relaxer.

I didn't take any of my regular medications for the week I was on the pain med because I was afraid of an interaction. The codeine made me very sleepy anyway so I had no problem sleeping.

Yesterday I saw my Pdoc for my weekly appointment. She said I was much clearer and present. I didn't disassociate at all. She thinks the reason that I had been disassociating so much and confused so much was from the Temazepan.

Next week we'll be discussing new medications. I told her as long as I sleep with whatever she gives me I'll be ok. I've tried so many different meds that didn't work in the past I'm afraid I'll go off the deep end if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back