1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Members Who Break Privacy Will Be Removed

Discussion in 'Social' started by anthony, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

I am posting this to notify members as to why you may be curious to see "moderated member" below users "Marilyn S." and her partner "Waynes". The simple reason is because Marilyn breached privacy by allowing her partner to post a response in a private area he should not have been. She did allow it, have no doubt, hence why both have been placed into moderation and both users have lost all access to any private areas, chat, privileges etc.

Any posts either user desire to make will now be placed through moderation.

I will not tolerate any user breaching the very privacy that is entrusted within them. This is a clear example of that, and both users are actually quite lucky to not be banned permanently.

How did it come about? Easy. I pushed at Marilyn, as I do, to get her to look deeper inside herself. My pushing upset her, and instead of her responding solely, she responded then gave her partner access under her username to then reply and add his two cents. The conversation was nothing, its the breach off privacy that has forced me to make the decision at hand.

I WILL NOT tolerate any member breaching privacy... EVER.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Thanks Anthony, I really appreciate it. If I'm posting in a private area, it's for a good reason. I don't know about others, but I personally need the assurance that only people permitted there will see it. I'm relieved you are being so strict about that.

4. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Thank you, Anthony. I feel reassured also.

5. anthony

Thanks... I just don't see why some don't take it seriously. Information contained in private areas is exactly that, private to restricted eyes only, not available to anyone, including partners, spouses, family and friends. I DO NOT allow any partner, family or friend to see what is within the private areas, nor do I leave my computer unsecure for another to look for themselves, because of this very reason, the information I have access to is private and is not to be shared with those outside of those private groups for good reason.

Thanks again for your support... I don't like being the prick all the time, but sometimes people just force my hand that way I believe.

6. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Glad to see you being back to your old self... Not that I mean your a prick, you know what I mean.

7. anthony

LOL... yes, I know what you mean... no shit type of guy. I am back... that is for sure.

8. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

You're welcome, Anthony. I like your no-shit approach, right down to your title and logo..."beware of owner," indeed :) That's why I joined this forum over others.

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Well done Anthony. Your not being a prick, only doing what is necessary. Currently 3 people in our household share the same computer. We are very cautious about such things as this forum and emailing. All have our own logins and passwords to the computer and so forth.

Jim.

10. zoe

zoe Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking our privacy so seriously. It is very reasuring.

11. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Understand and feel better. Thought is was an error. Not my business, thanks Anthony.

12. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

Anthony, nothing wrong with what you did. I'm glad you took a stand for privacy. NOW it's Marilyn, next time it could be worse. Not something I look forward to.

Thanks buddy!

13. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Actually now I have a question about privacy on the forum, if anyone knows the answer... about the Trauma Diaries. I know they are not all private, some are for PTSD only, some for forum members only, etc. But I sort of feel, not sure if I read it somewhere or if it's just an unspoken rule, that what people say in their diaries is not to be mentioned elsewhere on the forum, even their diaries are public? At least, I have always been careful to not mention the contents of someone's diary in other areas. Am I correct to assume this? Also, there are things I will say in my diary that I would never say in other areas of the forum. Am I making any sense? Thanks for any clarification.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar