• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Members Who Break Privacy Will Be Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway to ban Marilyn's IP?
Not worth the risks of her being here.

Marilyn was a friend of mine on this forum...I am not getting involved with what happened between Anthony, Marilyn and Wayne, it is not my place and I will stay silent until the storm is over. However, I remain friends with Marilyn, via another forum, snail mail and telephone. Marilyn will not be on this forum again and will adhere to her being banned, no one needs to worry about her lurking around. Marilyn is not a bad person and truelly has a great heart. I just wanted to throw this in as people are slamming her pretty hard right now and we all make mistakes and have tantrums which put us over the top at times. I would ask that people pray or have pleasant thoughts and at least wish her well and not tear her apart now that she is absent and this is over.

Anyway to ban Marilyn's IP?
Not worth the risks of her being here.

What would be the point of banning her IP? Not meaning to be rude, I just don't understand what that would accomplish exactly. I mean, anyone from the internet can come on the public areas of the forum to read and never be a member.

Just to clarify things. First this is all our forum. Not just Anthony's. We are a community. No one was banned but only put in moderation which means if you break a major rule you are still welcome to the forum but have to show you are willing to follow the rules set forth. Just like with all new members. People banned repeatably disrupt and break rules or just come here for that. No one wants to see her gone, we want to see her well. I know I do. Some times it is like tough love.

What I said was not directed at only one person, but many I have come across in the past and too often see it repeat itself. Midnite did a helluva job summing up my lengthy post in a short one.

Also, since she was not banned that I am aware of banning IP is a moot point. But just FYI if you ban an IP you may ban an entire area and accidentally exclude people who are ready for help if I recall correctly. Since this is getting personal I am going to lock it up. Other moderators can override it if they feel a need to but I think nothing more really needs to be said on the matter.

I banned both Marilyn and Wayne for the behind the scenes events. Wayne is what caused the ban on both, not Marilyn. Marilyn is ill, she just needs to come out of denial and accept aspects of life, she must accept criticism and be open to throwing ideas around, instead of running and hiding if she doesn't like something being said. If its wrong, it only takes a simple reply to correct a comment or statement, no major issue really.

I banned them both though for Waynes actions primarily, however; seen as though she allowed Wayne into private areas under her username, I banned Marilyn also. That is my doing for anyone who wants to know.

I honestly hope that Marilyn one day accepts the help she so much needs, and that Wayne steps the hell out of the process and just supports her, instead of getting directly involved with the process that is painful, is hurtful, and without question will cause extreme symptoms, hospitalization and likely suicidal ideation. Hell, when PTSD is uncontrolled we all have suicidal ideation at some point, if not constantly. Nothing new there, just an increase in what we already have. The simple facts during the healing process is whether you want to live or die though. Every sufferers choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back