1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Memory Loss - Forgetting Movies Watched

Discussion in 'General' started by permban0077, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

It is becoming painfully obvious as I watch movies with kids or my husband I am seeing a brand new movie and I have been told I have seen it before and some a few times (Like tonight) . I have zero recall. Hubs has told me it is because I use them to zone out and block. OK, I can see that but not remember at all? Just another symptom and would like to know I am not alone.

I see a new therapist Wed. I think it will be good even if she is not a doc and a woman (do not do well with female docs). Phone call was awesome with her. Combo of Bec and Anthony in a real life form from the call.

Any way anyone have issues with this also as far as movies?

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Ohhh good lord.. story of my life V!..

i can't remember names of movies, songs, actors, actresses, will buy a movie and already have a copy at home.. start watching a movie and get told I seen it before, start watching it and something seems naggingly familar about it all etc...

Then add this to actual people and places and whola! You get the whole package..

it's perfectly normal for us.

Wow, anthony and I in one therapist..??? :eek:.. I'm not sure if I'd be impressed or terrified! ;)

bec

4. madjon

madjon Active Member

im terrible at remembering names and film titles and things, people ask me if ive seen xxxxx and all i can say is maybe what was in it? sometimes i will watch a film and remember ive seen it before about half way through, my memory is a bit shot at times,

5. willing

willing Active Member

This is why I love the tee-shirt that says, "In my next life I am asking for more RAM"

LOL I am feeling silly today. Watch out and apologies if I end up making light of serious post.

6. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

ditto. i think i forget so much because i can't seem to pay any attention to them, the movies over, and i don't know what i've seen. like watching the news for the weather, and becoming aware that they just finished the weather, you were right there, and don't have a clue what they said. arrggghh.
    cathy

7. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

I watched "House" last night on TV, my son said we watched that one already. He kept saying when you remember it your going to give me the finger, because I hate when I forget things. Oh Well, not this time, did not remember it one bit. He was shocked. I wasn't, I think he is the one who forgot whom he watched it with the first time.....lol

8. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Movies, TV shows, news, books...hell, at home I have to ask things a minimum of twice before I remember asking the question or getting an answer. The really funny part is that the family has gotten so used to it that no one bats an eye anymore. I've even gotten to the point where it doesn't bother me much anymore. Not sure if that's good or not.

I'm with Jon in that usually halfway through something, I'll remember I've seen it before.

9. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

I have the remembering-the-movie-halfway-through-seeing-it thing too. But I have had times where I don't recall the movie at all. Probably it is to do with PTSD and recall. I've had that occasionally with saying and doing things as well. Like I sometimes draw pictures and don't remember having done it. I'll wake up in the morning to see my room littered with new drawings. It's kind of scary. But back to the movies, I think sometimes, with me anyways, it's also to do with the movie being totally boring. I forget movies that I hate really quickly. Like totally forget them. So it might be that as well. Either way I can relate.