• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Mental vs Physical Pain

Which is Worse For You - Mental or Physical Pain?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cypher

Confident
Thought I'de try a poll question. Not sure if it'll turn out right, so I apologize in advance. But which is worst for you, mental or physical pain. For me, mental pain lasts much longer than physical pain, however both turn up (regardless of if I'm injured or not) They're kind of interlocked, where the mental brings about the physical as if I was reliving things again. Also, some things about my trauma were far more mental than physical and vise versa.

But I would say mental because it's the remimder, it's kind of the force behind the pain so to say? I'm not thinking straight now (or ever).. If this dos'nt make any sense, sorry!

mental pain lasts much longer than physical pain, however both turn up (regardless of if I'm injured or not)

Of these choices, I must say it's the mental pain which has lasted longer than physical for me. And, seeing that my mental pains: terror & horror of reliving, psyche anguish, and mass mental conflict/confusion and previous SI anguish, has ....(far more previously than any presently).... manifested itself in many detrimental ways, ....yes, it's always the mental pain which is worse for me, and in many instances precedes my physical pains.

Mental pain, emotional pain.....That's what gets to me the most. The physical I can deal with.

You can better deal with the mental issues if you are physically well. IMO.

I think that is why I am having such a hard time...my physical self feels like it is falling apart sometimes.

My mental pain brings on the physical pain. And the mental pain usually outlasts the physical pain.

I agree with Catus Jack that you can better deal with the mental issues if you're physically well. This is why I work so hard to keep myself physically well. But sometimes, no matter what you do to help yourself, you're just overwhelmed by the mental pain and have to ride it out and deal with the fallout.

Lisa

I chose mental pain as being worse. Maybe its because I haven't experienced horrible physical pain. I've had a few surgeries and didn't need any pain killers stronger than Ibuprofen. But emotional pain hurts down to the core of my being. It is the only type of pain that has had me crying for days or wishing I could just sleep for a few weeks.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue prior to PTSD, but I've had PTSD my whole life, I'm sure.
The years and years of fatigue and pain, sleepness were a horrific secondary wounding from the abuse. I still deal with the fatigue, 15 years now. I got sick at 29, now I'm 43, feel 83 on most days....but I'm not going to lose hope.
It sucks, all in all, the whole thing sucks.
The physical stuff adds to the mental pain, but I"m sure the mental pain caused the physical stuff. Vicious cycle. Feel like the traumas stole my whole life sometimes....but I'm still 'keeping on keeping on'

I'm 18 y/o but I physically feel like I'm 80.
Aside from my RND and arthritis, I have severe chronic back pain.
Even when physical pain is at it's worse, I don't feel like I am extremely disabled. But when my mental pain is at it's worse, I feel like I'm just an empty shell with life sucked out from every possible angle.

mental is worse by far.

Oh...I answered other because I have both.....they both seem terrible and one is feeding off the other. I have a spinal cord/back injury......I have to deal with pain first, I think...

I have both and the physical pain is so great at times that it causes mental pain. So I chose physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back