• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Mice! Mice!! Mice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One problem with snap traps and poisons. This is painful for mice. I will use if absolutely have to, but...
Anyone heard about the dexice which produces ultrasound to scare mice away? I would remove my Pig for a while, and set this device, if it really works.
Thanks everyone!

the ultrasound things don't really work well, you can get "humane" traps that are a little box that they can't get out of. you can release them outside. problem is, unless you go pretty far away, they are going to come right back in. i don't use the poison, because sometimes when you have a dead mouse(smell!) you can't find the smelly thing to get it out, they get between walls, etc.
cathy

Cathy, last year we had a dead mouse smelling from somewhere. We searched around the house and finally found the thing under the fridge. It was gross!
Yes, probably "mice cubes" will work, I am going to release them far away form the house. Fricking mice are smart.

We recently used a glue pad and it was successful... the rat was stuck and could not move. The problem was that the rat was still alive, so I had to make the decision to either discard him to the trash can alive (stuck to the pad), or put him down permanently. The latter seemed more humane.

Mac, I hope you did the latter...

Linda, if you are going to use the "have a heart" trap, you must take them a distance, they will come home. But....they will not come in once spring or fall is over. Also, I would rather die from painful poison than glue trap and slowly starve and be scared and know I am dying.

Also, the snap trap if set proper will not hurt them it snaps his neck and he dies instantly. I would go with the snap if you don't have time nor patience for the "have a heart" traps. They do work though, my mother in New York uses the "have a heart" for kangaroo rats and then takes them "for a ride". She once caught a possum in it and took him for a ride, she said when she set him free he kept looking back as her and going "Hiss, hiss, hiss" he was mad at her. Cute story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back