• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Ministry of Defence (MOD) and Pensions Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_Fraser

MyPTSD Pro
Hi folks, got a letter from the Ministry of Defence today, I thought "Yipee" my pension has come through. "WRONG" They wanted to know more about my other problems that I told the nice ladies from the Pensions Service who came to see me last April. Oh, if looks could kill.
So I dutifully filled in the form and sent it off. Will I finally get my Army Pension, is the Pope Prodestant, No. I think I'll finally get it when I snuff it folks, and then it will be as much use as a one legged man at a butt kicking contest. Kim will probably go on a shopping spree to Harrods or Marks & Spencers.
Oh folks, sometimes I could pull my hair out, but I'm half bald anyway.
Cheers
Scott:angry-fla :wall: :angry-fla :wall: :cuckoo:

Ugh that sucks Scott. I'm really glad though that you filled in the form right away and sent it off. Good on you for not giving up. My cousin works for Veterans Affairs here in Canada, and he tells me that they actually try to discourage people from obtaining benefits. Virtually everyone is rejected the first time around. Then, the people who are not as "aggressive" or lacking in self esteem give up and are weeded out, and it saves the government a lot of money. My doctor confirmed what my cousin said. I don't know if that happens in the UK as well, but definitely don't give up. You have the right attitude, and I'm sure you'll eventually win your case. I wish you all the best.

Hi Evie, how are you.
Thanks for your reply. My other problems are Arthritis in my hips, back and arms, due I think to carrying to many back-packs on to many 15 mile marches. So I'll have to wait and see what happens again.
Cheers
Scott:hello:

Ugh sorry you have arthritis as well. I can see where you'd want extra treatment for that, because it gets worse without the proper therapy and medication...

I am struggling a bit at the moment, Scott. But I'm sure I'll live. Thanks for asking. :)

Hi Evie, thanks for your reply.
I've had arthritis for about 5 years now, I now walk with the aid of a walking stick, I'm only 43, and this does not help my confidence. I used to walk for miles with my dog. But now I'm lucky to make it to the end of the street without my arthritis flaming up. I could do with a new hip, but I'm to young to get one. Our Health Service only gives a hip replacement operation to people over 60. When I think that I've paid my taxes all my life for the health service in this country, they can't operate because I'm to young, it sucks.

Just keep going Evie, wake up every morning and say to yourself, I've beaten another day and just keep going. We are all with you on the forum. Take Care.

Hey Batgirl, interesting post. Your cousin is at least speaking the truth about their actions toward Vet's... its what happens here in the US as well. We (Veteran's) get told/read how we 'earned' these so-called benefits, but it sure doesn't seem that way. Shame on them.

Scott, I wish you the best. All I can say after giving it some thought, I realized that its not worth my time or energy to even think about any pension $$ that I haven't got from the VA yet and that I'm not even guaranteed to get anyway. I hope it works out for you.

Scott, just curious, but how long were all the forms you had to fill out? I just finished filling in all my disability forms, for my personal disability plus the benefits I'm getting through my father having been in the military. My form was 36 pages, plus my doctors had to fill out 15 pages!!

Geez Batgirl, that's (amount of paperwork) overwhelming in itself. I was fortunate enough to have a Vet Representative do my paperwork for me. Good luck!

I know mine were well over several hundred pages from DVA... too many to even think about, hence why Kerrie and representatives filled them out for me, as I was way too ill at that time to even think about filling in such forms.

Hi folks, thanks for your replies. I have to fill in forms for my disability every 18 months and the forms are about 15 pages long, asking you practically the same thing again and again. The Social Security & Benefits Agency are not to bad once the forms are filled in, I usually get Kim to do it for me as the arthritis in my right hand prevents me from using a pen, I can just about sign my name. As for the Army Pensions, well 2 ladies from the MOD came out and filled in the forms for me, which wasn't to bad.
Cheers

I know mine were well over several hundred pages from DVA...

Holy shit!! I hope mine doesn't turn into that... the forms I just finished were "preliminary"... apparently they can contest everything, get me to see a new set of doctors appointed by them, etc. Bleah. My family helped me a bit with the forms but they wanted me to try doing it myself. I found it really difficult. So I take it then other people have trouble filling out forms as well, it's not just me?

Ugh Scott, so they make you do a review every 18 months it sounds like. Social assistance, even if you're deemed permanently disabled, is like that here, except the review is every 12 months. I'm glad people come to help you fill in the forms though... that's a good service!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back