• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Minor Stability Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember someone asking the question about showing banned members, and that changes had stopped members knowing who was banned.

Well... I have given access to all members to see a partial outline of the staff banned page, so you can at least see who is banned and whether it is temp or permanent: Link Removed

The link can be found under the Members navigation menu.

Based on the last two days crash points, it seems more related to the aggressive nature of the backup script running, which caused a separate issue on each occasion... so I've swapped out the current backup to a less aggressive incremental method that is soft and persistently working, instead of an abrupt all at once effort.

Find out soon whether that solved the issue, as its running right now.

I've been playing around with the original search issues aside from here, and was happy with the outcome, so I've rolled them out here again so you're using the original search system that had the crashing issue too. Hopefully, fingers crossed, I have learnt enough about the configuration aspects to correctly configure it, along with some server changes, that it no longer crashes.

That means you have the best search system back here, super fast and searches with extreme accuracy.

Saying that, to be on the safe side I have disabled the additional related threads feature that showed on the footer of every thread page, to ensure the system is stable to run correctly under load for the essential features.

Fingers crossed, it won't stop each day like it was. I believe the primary culprit was memory swapping, which is now disabled, as the java search system becomes unstable if allowed to memory swap. Learnt something new... see how we go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back