• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Miss Fit's Mental Imagery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Fit

New Here
This is an imaginery journey down a road. Take in the sights, sounds and colours, just like a video camera recording all that lies surrounding you. Survey the scene, noticing whatis far off in the distance, the background surrounds, the weather, the season and a total image of what you view. Feel the ground beneath your feet. Try to visualize it as a picture on a canvas, but with movement, sound, colour and emotion. You are the surveyor on this journey. Draw your journey on paper if you desire, as it often shows clearer results, then attach your drawing via snapshot or scan to your post.

Q1. What colour is the road?
Shades of light gray with darker outlines.

Q2. What texture is the road?
Small pebbles all crammed together.

Q3. How solid is the road?
I am like zoomed into a small area, can't see all of it.

You continue walking and come to a river that must be crossed. There before you is the river; the size and depth are up to you. You cannot go around it but must imagine a way to cross it. Whatever you need to cross the river is already within your mind, just imagine seeing yourself do it.

Q4. How do you cross the river?
I have been here before, I am sitting on a pile of logs, sticks and debris, it is floating and it turns and wobbles with the current, it carries me to the other side, eventually and I jump off.

Q5. What does the water look like?
It is a murky green, I cannot see through it.

Q6. How fast is the water current?
As long as I look up close, it is smooth, but there are whirlpools all around swirling slowly in the fast water.

Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what?
There is just indistinct debris, grass, sticks, trash.

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house?
White with gray peeling paint.

Q9. What condition is the house in?
It is in need of repair, the wood is warped, the porch has spindles missing.

Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who?
The house is vacant.

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup?
The cup has a white glaze.

Q12. What condition is the cup in?
It has a chip out of the rim and I can see the porous clay is is made from.

Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what?
The cup is empty except for a web near the bottom that has pieces of debris in it.

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail?
The obstacle is a drop off into a deep valley, the road has cracks at the edge and it is falling off in small chunks.

Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle?
Open air, miles and miles of valley so far away it is bluish, with mountains in the far distance, clouds floating between and the sky is shadowy like a storm is moving in.

Mental Imagery Reflection

Now you have had a break, go back to every question and look at your response. Try and find what you feel that your mind presented the image it did. Explain colours you chose, textures, water, cup, solids, liquids, space, objects, people, anything and everything that you wrote from your projected image, try and find what you feel to why you have that image. Don't look hard at things, instead try and look for the easy answers, as they are often the correct one's. Don't attempt to find something that isn't present, just look at each aspect for its absolute simplicity.

This is not an absolute, but something you must do in order to try and self analyse yourself. This is important. Please answer what you can, and simply define if you cannot find an emotion to a response you gave.

I am not sure why the road is gray, it is almost white, maybe because it is an older road. The texture is very vivid, like it is zoomed in, so close I can't see anything but that area. Trying to pull back and see more makes me feel like I am adding to what I really see, what I see is that area as it truly is, period.

The river makes me think back to dreams I have had. The water always whisks something away or keeps it from me. I once had a dream where I was floating and my children were falling in off the banks and I could not reach them. I am afraid of water I cannot see through, like swimming in a lake, no way.

The house is alone, there are no other houses nearby, and even though it needs repairs, it is still appealing, however I wonder what has happened in it since it was built, how long has it been empty, if anyone will ever take the time to fix it up and live there. As far as the color, It was that way when I got there.

The cup is white because I can't change the color to anything more exciting. I tried to add color to it, but it kept coming through as white. It is just a white cup, like a mug with a big handle on it. It is clean except for that web. The chip is just something that happened I guess, it is still usable.

There is no material obstacle, like a log in the road, I could climb over that, my obstacle is just a feeling of no where else to go. The view from where I am standing is actually quite beautiful, I could almost find enjoyment looking beyond there, except I don't want to be too near the edge if it keeps crumbling.

Did I do this right??

You feel confused in life, focused on one aspect even without looking at the broader picture of life itself. You have been hurt by a male within intimacy, hence why you are not trusting within intimate relationships and stagnation exists within sexual relations, due to being victimized in this manner. You are possibly naive, definately confused about your support systems within life. They have been poor, thus your poor self esteem as a result. You want commitment, though with trust issues you feel a little naive in this manner, feeling chipped away at for a better term regarding past commitment. You feel hopelessness at present, a fear even of your world crumbling to a lower level of existence, frightened by the danger of falling into a painful and perhaps life threatning situation. You can see that a future may exist, though it comes with more uphill battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back