• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General More panic attacks these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naxion

New Here
So a friend of mine has recently started getting more panic attacks but what is really important is that she has been getting these during her sleep which prevent her from getting a somehow "decent" sleep therefore she wakes up every hour or 2 and cant go back to it unless she exhausts herself to a point where she can just blink and literally fall asleep for very few hours again and again,sleeping pills dont seem to be very helpful either.The question is,what can be done so she can return to a normal routine where she can get at least 5 hours of sleep and really feel rested enough to be in the mood to get some form of exercise as she had done a few weeks before this mess up happened.Also,what could be the cause of how she referred to it as "too much anxiety these days"?.I cannot describe the situation any better as I don't feel confident about talking this subject with her therefore I try to understand by asking other people.

I am thinking she needs to get to be encouraged to share her "mess up" or the "things" causing anxiety. Maybe you can get a book on anxiety and panic attacks and when handing it to her say - I want to help you but don't know how so I thought this would help. She will see you took time and effort to care enough maybe she will talk to you. Best to learn as much as you can then you will feel more confident in broaching the subject. Good Luck. With panic attacks it may be a particular event that is causing anxiety. Then I believe the therapy is to revisit that topic it that person or that place to desensitize the emotion felt. Role playing first might be helpful. What would you do in this situation or if this person came to you and said this?? But repeat exposure - slowly to the thing that is causing panic attacks is the process. And remember no one dies from a panic attack - although it surely can feel this way he

Sleep disturbance is pretty brutal. I don't think much but therapy and time can do anything to improve it. My vet runs on almost no sleep and has for years. It's a big problem for him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back