Welcome to MyPTSD Community

MyPTSD is a peer-to-peer support community for those affected by Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), sufferer or supporter. We also welcome those who have experienced catastrophic trauma of criterion A type, without yet diagnosis, and researchers looking for feedback from PTSD exposed.

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undiagnosed Most Trauma Rooted In Childhood, Including: Emotional,medical Related, And Sexual Abuse

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NatureDancer, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NatureDancer

NatureDancer New Member

Personally I consider myself a sufferer of PTSD. I have sought a diagnoses for years... When I have had access to therapy. However for the purposes of this forum, since it is not legal diagnosis I suppose I have to go with the undiagnosed option.

I suspect Complex PTSD. Both of my parents raged, vented their emotions on me. My grandmother, addicted to codine throughout my life.

I was diagnosed with epilepsy at a young age, and all the medical attention relating to that had a traumatizing the fact including monthly blood tests many EEGs etc.(this diagnosis has since been cleared as a misdiagnosis)

I have had several sexual violation incidents including one that is legally considered attempted rape. I have been turned away from rape crisis centers, and throughout all of my experience of had various kinds of support/lack of support from various counselors.

I suspect types of of disassociation, and flashbacks as well. I am learning some of my reactions are kinds of panic attacks, but this is news to me-as I am only learning about the particular kinds of panic attacks I have been experiencing for years, recently.

I also have much anxiety/pressure relating to gender identity, religious/spiritual preference in a xenophobic and homophobic community.

Some days my emotional state seems to affect me so badly I can feel it *physically*... I have quite an understanding partner, who himself-lost his mother to murder ( and half brother lost both his parents to the same) and yet, there times where he truly doesn't "get it"... As much as I appreciate all he does... And tries to do-I need a bit more support, and currently only have one friend I am in contact with who shares this kind of trauma experience enough to relate to.

My other conditions include Fibromyalgia, suspected Chronic fatigue, as well as adrenal burnout.

I manage what I can through various alternative care remedies and methods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.