• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Most Veterans Experience Good Quality Of Life After Military Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

myptsd

MyPTSD Pro
With a few notable exceptions, the majority of post-9/11 US veterans appear to do well in regards to work and family quality of life after departing from military service despite their exposure to the war zone, a study has concluded.
Dead Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Im curious if the numbers happen to coincide to the percentage of military members who actually see combat. There are quite a few soldiers who havent seen a gun fight, and even fewer who have seen civilians getting killed or injured. But then again im not sure what the numbers are on that either.

@Charleh... There's also those who would sooner die than admit to the government they have so much as a sniffle, much less anything seriously wrong. A not insignificant percentage of us take a bit of an extreme -ah- stance, about admitting weakness under any condition, much less to the powers that be. Telling higher ups you're anything less than fine is just not smart. That's even assuming you know you're not fine. So I generally consider any estimate the govt puts out as exceptionally conservative, at best. Flat out laughable, at worst. Still, I would venture to say that most service members are fine & dandy. Even those of us who are seriously f*cked sideways have good days and years. Which is about the only time you could track me down to poll me, anyway ;) I'm either working, in which case I'm "fine", because I need to be, or I have "hope" in which case I'm fine because my future needs me to be, or I am off the effing grid and good luck trackin me down to fill out a survey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back