1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Motorcycle Crash 1st This Year

Discussion in 'General' started by mouse, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

OK So for those of you who hadn't heard I really do have a brain as it was shown on my CT scan I had Friday night, :think: Bear with me as I am still feeling the effects I was riding my Yamaha R6 down the road and was waiting to make a left hand turn across traffic, when some Jerk, No ASS swerved his truck across 2 lanes and hit me and my bike in the front sending us sliding approx 15-20 meters on our side in to oncoming traffic I don't remember a whole bunch immediately following but 2 guys on bikes behind me came to my aide I must have road it off the road in to the parking lot of the motorcycle shop that I was heading to, my bike is OK other than the clutch handle is bent and a little cosmetic damage most of the damage was to me, :boxem: So anyways this guy that hit me kept driving nobody got a plate.

I felt OK so I road home and did some errands then all of a sudden I realized that I had no idea where I was and what had happened so I went to the clinic and the immobilized me on spine board with collar and did lots of x-rays.

I guess I became agitated and started repetitive questioning . Anyways ended up over night in the emerg at the Trauma center in the city had a ct scan and everything now I'm at home on more drugs for pain however I still don't know what day it is or names and I forget that I have already y phoned people so i do it again ----supposed to get better this week I"ll see hope so, Anyways just wanted you all to know why not posting much right now in fact think I'm going to fall asleep now bye.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Mouse,

Hope you're feeling better soon. Take it easy and rest.

Hugs

4. reallydown

reallydown I'm a VIP

Hope you feel better soon Mouse. Take care.

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Get some much needed rest! Glad to hear you sound somewhat OK. What you described keep on top of for sure to know you are OK, but find some comfort in knowing that those can also be PTSD related. Have spoken to another here who knows I lose track of not only days constantly (I was a week off I found out today), but I lose track of what month too and forget it is 2007 I am still insistent it is 2006 (I have to look at the calender to keep it in my head) . I have asked things over and over... This was normally most pronounced during high stress.

You take care of yourself and do all the tests they want to make sure you are OK. I hope you feel better soon. All my best wishes.

6. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone aside from my pride , Iam sure I'll be ok just got to get the constant re questioning and constant repeative comement s from my noodle oh as well as the headache, but thank you all , at least I am only losssing days not weeks yet I am being monitored pretty close cause of the swelling , they said they may repeat the cat scan this week.

7. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

OMG I'm glad you're okay mouse. I hope your injuries don't turn out to be severe. Too bad you couldn't catch the guy, that really sucks. I'm also glad your bike isn't badly damaged. I have a bike too, I'd be really pissed if I got in an accident that wasn't my fault and my bike was damaged.

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Geez mouse, are you ok?

9. madjon

madjon Active Member

take it easy for a while, sounds like youve had a serious knock there, do make sure you get checked out again later, hope you feel better soon

10. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Ermm mouse I'm sorry I said I'm glad you're okay, I actually meant to say I hoped you were okay, but I used the wrong I realize, guess I was tired, and I can't edit it now. Anyways I do hope those tests go well for you. Rest and take care of yourself, I'm thinking about you!

11. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Shit sorry about that mouse. Hoping it will all turn out positively for you.

Jim.

12. mac

mac Active Member

Mouse,
    I wish you a speedy recovery

13. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Gosh.... that sounds scary! How are you doing now? Any better? I'm glad they've said the memory issues will get better, it means you're not brain damaged, but still it sounds really confusing and scary!