• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Movie: Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwanYingirl

MyPTSD Pro
went to see this movie tonight completely oblivious to the fact that it was going to trigger me and send me into a trembling panic. My friend told me after it was over that I must have gone into mother mode because I was yelling at the little boy to run!run!run! And she never had heard me talk during a movie. I had to explain to her that I was actually speaking to myself as a five year old. Proceed with caution.

I do that A LOT! Especially in the movie Unspeakable Acts 1990 movie about child sexual abuse in a daycare. The movie played it up though, not sure what 4 yr old would say "im ashamed" but i dunno.

Yeah, what was the movie?

I do this in shows too, especially Suviving Evil as it usually most closley resembles my past.

My therapist says its about not watching stuff like that...but i like the damn show

I have been debating on whether to see this movie. I was interested because it wasn't a remake of a remake or another superhero movie, but I was worried about just that. Thank you for posting this.

@hodge the movie is about a woman who was kidnapped at age 17 and locked in a shed. She was raped nightly by her captor for 7 years. She has a little boy, aged 5 in the movie. She was the best mother she could be under the circumstances. She refused to allow her captor to even lay eyes on the child. It is their story about their ability to function outside of the room.
One of my traumas was being kidnapped. I was 24. I was drugged. I escaped. I ran as fast as I could for what seemed like forever. I ran until I couldn't breathe. I have a deep fear of being snatched. The movie made me think "what if I hadn't gotten away"

I don't want to spoil it for those that may see it. It was a very good movie and the actors were excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back