1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Moving and I am Stressed

Discussion in 'Social' started by Grama-Herc, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

I'm not sure if I told you guys about my move BUT I am moving into a townhouse with my 83 mother While she trys, she is not able to help much. She has been in her 2 bdrm apt. for 30 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need I say more? So I have been packing up both places-hers and mine- for the past 3 months and the END IS NEAR!!!!! We move this coming Thursday the 12th.

I will really need to put her life back to normal as fast as I can so if it looks like I fell of the forum, wait, I will return as soon as I can lift my arms higher than my hips. My arms and shoulders are so painful and stiff and sore and almost useless at this point. Will I ever recover from this???

When completed our 2 bdrm townhouse will be so cool. I am going to have the 2 rooms upstairs-a bedroom and a living room and we are even going to set up a small area with my microwave and coffee pot so I will have privacy to the point where if I don't want to go downstair I won't have to. Gonna go today and pick up a small dorm size frig so I'll be all set.

We are turning the nice size dining room into her bedroom and she will live down stairs. It will help keep both our sanity in tact. Anyway, wish us luck and when the dust settles I will be back Till later HERC

PS I might pop in to check messages, I like messages so SEND SOME

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. kers

kers I'm a VIP

Good luck on the move! It sounds like a nice steup--independent for both of you but you can be there for each other when you need it.

kers

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Sounds great Herc!

You can manage this (I know it! LOL) and it sounds like it will pay off in the end! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

bec

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I can imagine how much work is going into that, sounds like you are doing great. The set up sounds nice. Don't forget to pick up a heating pad for the sore shoulders when you get the fridge! Cannot wait to hear how it goes. Still amazed you are able to pack 30 years worth, just wow. You are doing great, keep it up.

6. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

It sounds like a positive move for you Herc. Highly stressful no doubt, but positive in the end. Good luck to you, moving is a lot of work so remember to take breaks. Keep us all informed and take good care.

7. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Herc,

Moving (especially two households into one!) is in the top five of the stress list for a reason. Taking your comfort zone apart and recreating it is a tough thing. And I think you're handling it very well. You've been working towards it for months now and you're finally getting to the end. Congrats!!!!

Here's hoping that this coming week runs as smoothly as possible for all involved (I'm not forgetting the kitties here). After you set your mom up, set up your bed and sleep for a couple of days! You deserve it.

Lisa

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

So. How did the move go Herc? Are you and your mother still in one piece? Best wishes.

Jim.

9. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Hope all went well, hoping you will post and let us know how your doing?