• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Mushroom Clouds And Nuclear Bombs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicwhite

Policy Enforcement
so I have been having these dream dreams the most. I just woke up from N. Korea being Nuked caused I was like an inside soldier and could cloak myself. It was a normal nuke not like a H. Bomb but I could def feel the wind and see the formation of it quite well.

The prazosin is working really well. I don't wake up shivering anymore. I'm just like ok, another end time dream. But my legs hurt from miss twoface sitting on them and making it impossible to move around while I'm asleep.

Does anyone else notice that your dreams are more real when you can't move or stretch or anything. It doesn't mean that your cat is lying on your feet but something is making it impossible to move. I notice always when I wake up that she is on my feet.

I actually read here, that dream recall is based mostly on the depth or type of sleep state you manage to achieve.

I believe the deeper sleep the better the recall? Correct me if I have that backward @joeylittle. I think it was a post of yours, or maybe not.

Perhaps Sonic your cat is waking you immediately from state making your memories more vivid?

I've always found the topic of my dreams related most to whatever I was most worrying about in the days before also.
And the more personal that worry, the more cryptic.

I think mostly it's the trauma I endures or there is a lot of energy in the world and I'm picking up on it.

It was pretty cool. I got to aid ppl. It was raining and I told ppl to get below or their going to get radiation poisoning. I woke up again with twoface on my feet. I notice when I can't move around because she is on me I tend to have more vivid nightmares.

But in 05 I felt like the world was ending. The theme of my psychosis was end times, so I can see how stuff today in the news can get mixed up with my past trauma and just everyday things just get mashed into each other.

I watched a movie from the 80's I think it was, about a nuclear war hitting the UK, and the fallout
They explored what would happen, up to 25 years later.

I had dreams about that movie for a year after, and it still comes back occasionally now, 3 years later.

Not sure what about it impacted so heavily on me, but like you I find end of days stuff fascinating.

Strange how most psychosis centres around it dont you think?
Every person I know with either drug induced psychosis or schizophrenia, talks of Christ and the second coming, and the end of the world as we know it.

Yup, I had a meth induced psychosis but late diagnosed MDD with psychotic features.

It actually feels like the end of the world tho. If you can imagine Christ coming back and it's nothing but chaos and turmoil it's like that but all wrapped up in your head and no one can just snap you out of it. It took Abilfy to getting me out of it. And now I am not really traumatized at what I see but when end time things come on TV it can trigger anxiety.

How long did you use meth for to get to that state @sonicwhite if you don't mind me asking?

Do you think you may have already had the ability to be quite paranoid in you before your drug use?

Dont feel like you have to answer, I'm just curious. It seems to affect everyone differently.

Someone I know has used most of their adult life, I believed them to be of sound mind but have recently witnessed extreme anger, overthinking to the point of paranoia and anxiety.
Is this the start of their downfall in your opinion?

Well done getting off it by the way.
It looks like it wouldn't be easy.

Christ got me off of it overnight twice. Yes those are symptoms.....Don't let them end up like me going thru a psychosis and everybody is just feeding me drugs.

I got out of jail and my roommate at the time was a drug dealer. I took five xtc pills and when it kicked in my skin turned a tint green. My organs where failing. Then I get beat up by two cops and sent to jail again. This time I was raped by two guards at the jail. I pass out in a ambulance and wake up in detox. I was totally gone by this point.

I went to jail in a different county and I didn't even know how to use the phone. I was too scared to talk because I thought Christ had come back and if you didn't receive the mark you where chopped up.

So ya make sure your friend is surrounded by ppl who care and not drug addicts cuz all they care about is getting high....

Both me and my roommate gave our lives to Christ. The sin is paid for by the blood of Jesus. I believe it was the Lords way of chastising me so I would come to Christ.

I wasn't paranoid or anything. It took two years for these symptoms to pop up. I remember getting very paranoid because when you hang out with tweakers someone is going to make everyone paranoid.

I'm sure cops have a tactic they use to make everyone paranoid. Now their are smart tweakers who like to mess up someone's world because their jealous of my gf at the time.

But I truly think God had a big part in it. It wasn't until I started doing xtc every chance I got. That stuff is so toxic for you. And I guess not eating combined with meth use plus pot just threw me over the edge.

Stupid ppl didn't even know I was sick. I should of been in a psych ward instead of jail but, I take full responsibility for what happen to me. I just know at the judgement I will be vindicated by everyone because God will open their hearts and expose every little detail of what they did.

A yr after my psychosis I felt Christ. Like He was right next to me in the Holy Spirit. He convicted me this time of Hos second coming and I said yes I will take up the cross and follow You.

My life has been so much better with Him in charge.

I believe the deeper sleep the better the recall? Correct me if I have that backward @joeylittle. I think it was a post of yours, or maybe not.
Essentially, yes. If you move through the progression of sleep fully, as it's currently understood, and get all the way into deep REM and then come all the way back out again, without skipping steps or being interrupted - you stand a good chance of remembering your dreams. If you sleep shallowly, or are disturbed and skip stages of sleep, or are artificially accelerated into sleep, you stand a good chance of not remembering what you dreamed.

As far as they are aware, everyone (meaning the vast majority of the studied population) dreams. Whether or not you will remember them - that's the variable. This goes for nightmares as well.

@joeylittle I feel like a freak now, because I would swear the opposite is true for me. The nights where I am awake most of the night, but drift into short spurts of sleep in which I am easily awakened from is when I remember my dreams the most. My husband is the king of hitting the snooze button in the morning, and I always have incredibly vivid dreams in between each stint of sleep between the alarms.

I do however have what I would imagine to be better than normal dream recall. I remember dreams from years ago better than most actual memories.

I would swear the opposite is true for me.
Me too! Also I seem more likely to remember dreams vividly if I wake up mid dream rather than this...
get all the way into deep REM and then come all the way back out again, without skipping steps or being interrupted - you stand a good chance of remembering your dreams. If you sleep shallowly, or are disturbed and skip stages of sleep, or are artificially accelerated into sleep, you stand a good chance of not remembering what you dreamed.
:confused: Nights I sleep well, I rarely remember dreams at all. Disturbed nights, almost always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back