1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Music is My Therapy

Discussion in 'Social' started by resurrection, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resurrection

resurrection Member

Been listening to Stone Roses , Oasis , the Verve etc . Must be feeling better :eek:ccasion:, cant remember the last time I felt so emotional listening to them :thumbs-up This site site is definitely helping me connect again. :clap: CHEERS

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Music has always been a big, big part of my life. My father was a musician and there was always some sort of music in my life growing up. Stereos, singing, instruments, chorus, etc.

Music has also been a part of my recovery as well. Different moods, different points in my life have different sound tracks. The words of others often describe how I'm feeling. Especially when I can't find the words myself.

I'm glad you're finding this site a help to you. It's been such a big help to me, too.

Lisa

4. resurrection

resurrection Member

I think talking about the things we enjoy helps a lot . Who is your favourite band and why , best frontman, guitarist, etc RSVP CHEERS

5. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

I listen to so many artists and so many types of music that I really can't say I have a favorite. My range of music goes from classical to head banging heavy metal. It really depends on my mood and feelings.

Lisa

6. EmoxxKid

EmoxxKid Active Member

Ah music...

I am listening to Outkast...and the Rolling Stones today....odd mix perhaps...but yet and still...

Music is amazing!

Keep going..

7. resurrection

resurrection Member

Not odd mixes at all ,I think when you have suffered as we have you learn to be non judgemental and can appreciate a song for what it communicates emotionally. I can listen to the PRODIGY one minute and then the SUPREMES the next. PEACE

8. EmoxxKid

EmoxxKid Active Member

Indeed!!!!!!