• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Music & Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

falling_wave

MyPTSD Pro
I just wanted to encourage you all to try to think of popular music that was playing around the time of happy memories in your life or just when you felt more connected etc.

I am cleaning house today so I opened the windows, lit candles, fans on and played Pandora station summer hits of the 2000s. I remember I was in a transitional housing for former foster youth at that time and had great staff and neighbors around supporting me. I had my own space for the first time after all my childhood struggles and recent homelessness. It felt so good to unpack and have my own space. I felt like dancing around the house. As I listen to this music which was playing/popular on the radio during all this I get the same emotions. Happy almost excited. I love this new discovery. It makes want to dance around the house as I clean. :D

I love this thread..the power of music is truly amazing..the universal language of the world. I've spent the large majority of my life being an extremely unhappy and lost individual, however there have been a couple good years. Like, literally, two. 2006 was a great year for me..Justin Timberlake's "SexyBack", Akon's "Smack that", Gnarles Barkley's "Crazy" were huge hits that year. 2010 was a pretty good year for me too..Kesha's "Tik Tok", Lady Gaga's "Telephone," and Katy Perry's "California Girls" were super popular at the time.. Can't say I'm that into mainstream music but I too can't help but to smile (and dance) when I hear these songs from such exciting and carefree times in my life. :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back