• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Death My big brother david died this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MaryAthena

My sadness is for him because he did not want to die. We talked and laughed and made plans to be together in the next couple of weeks. Now my sister-in-law and younger brother are burying him in 2 days and that does not give me enough time to get to them without incurring major cost. I feel helpless again. My husband committed suicide and I still struggle with that. This day just brings up so many feelings of David and how I wish I could go now. No more time lines and work and bills and plans and life to navigate through. Just sad....

I am so very sorry about your brother dying. I am so sorry that you will not be able to go to the funeral and sending you hugs and healing vibes. I am sorry for the pain and anguish you are currently experiencing and that you are sad because of your husband as well on top of your brothers death. I hope that you can make some kind of ceremony at your home to give your brother a proper sendoff and some real closure for you. Hugs.

Would take a hard look at your opening post and the ease with which you blend (seemingly) the incident itself and yourself/your abilitiy. Grief and self pity don't really mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back