1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

My biggest job!

Discussion in 'Employment, Education & Disability' started by Tainted, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Tainted

Tainted Well-Known Member

I just got a job for a festival this upcoming summer, and I will start working on Friday. It pays a nice amount of money that I'll use to buy a car, and materials to install a small simple bed in the car.

This is the biggest job I've gotten, and while not the first paid one, definitely the most well-paid! It's gonna be a challenge, but I'm excited and while I still sit with a glooming uncertainty of whether or not I'll pull it off, I have many people who believe in me, and the guy who helped me get the job through his contacts and who I work a lot with/for and who basically functions as my mentor also believes I can do this.

If I do this job well, it could open many other doors. I currently live on money from child protective services and am still a minor. CPS here has 'aftercare' if kids need it until they turn 23, but I don't want to live off of government money that long, so I've given myself until I'm 20 to see if I can make a living in this industry. This job is the biggest leap I've made towards the goal of freelancing with stuff like this, and I've wanted to live doing this for a couple years now! So I'm very, very excited. If I turn 20 and see that living off of this won't happen, I'll reconsider my decision to not go back to school (I only have middle school level education).

There wasn't much more point to this other than that I'm excited and with that bubbly feeling of happy nervousness in my stomach and that I actually made a long term goal for myself. Because, obviously the least stable kind of income (freelancing) in an industry with way less jobs and money than people think is a 100% reasonable goal :p

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. leehalf

leehalf Well-Known Member

Congratulations! So happy for you.

joeylittle and Tainted like this.
  4. Tainted

Anarchy and leehalf like this.
  5. Saelben

Saelben Space Core Donated

Hmmm, Norway.. And Festival

Is it a Death Metal style of thing :p

But really, congratulations, stuff going well keeps stuff going well.

Rosie11, leehalf and Tainted like this.
  6. Tainted

@Saelben It actually is a rock and metal festival :p Makes the whole thing even better, cause it's music I like too. Though, it's much more diverse than just death metal (and black metal is also bigger than death metal here - norwegian black metal is what we're known for).

Thank you :)

Rosie11, Anarchy and leehalf like this.
  7. Saelben

Saelben Space Core Donated

Sorry, not really in metal and all that (I'm a mandolinist now)

But darn, thats cliche

:p norway equals metal

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
    Tainted likes this.
  8. Anarchy

Anarchy I'm a VIP

Congratulations! :):tup::hug:

9. mumstheword

mumstheword I'm a VIP Premium Member

Congratulations! What a great and interesting location for work! My oldest son does festival work, he is a rigger though, setting up and pulling down stages and tents and such and I used to work at festivals, myself, as a performer. Such fun! I loved it!

Xena and Rosie11 like this.
  10. Tainted

And it's f*cking awesome :D

Thank you @Anarchy !

@mumstheword I kinda miss being rigger more, I love the physical work, but at this point I'm more on the production side of things. Organisation and logistics. I really do enjoy that, though! Making all the pieces of the puzzle somehow fit together and work in practice is a satisfying task.

Anarchy, Rosie11 and mumstheword like this.
  11. Rosie11

Rosie11 Well-Known Member

That’s wonderful! :) Best of luck :hug: I was emancipated as well and can relate, that’s such a strong step to have this job, awesome!

Anarchy likes this.
Show Sidebar