• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship My Boyfriend Cheated On Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found evidence in my boyfriends cousins phone that my boyfriend was cheating on me with his ex gf. I confronted him over text and he told me he was going to explain everything. 3 weeks went by with no explanation and I told him that if he didn't talk to me then I was going to contact her. He was supposed to come over on Saturday night and he completely blew me off. I called him and another girl answered his phone, she pretended to be him. I called her out and she hung up. But then she texted me from his phone and tried to get info from me. So I started texting his ex from my phone and asked her if she was with my boyfriend and if she answered his phone. She told me she wasn't going to answer me and asked me why I wanted to talk to him and why I was calling him. I told her because he's my boyfriend and has been for the past 2 years. She then told me to leave her alone. I then showed her proof that we were together. She didn't respond to me. To make matters worse, he ended up disappearing for 2 days after all
of this happened. We found him, Thank God. But when we talked, he accused me of being crazy, still denied cheating on me, and told me he was done with me. He won't talk to me at all. It's really hard for me to find closure.

How old is this guy? His behavior sounds like that of a 16-year-old. He just sounds like a jerk, plain and simple, and I don't think PTSD is involved in his behavior here. It kinda sounds like he was mocking you with whatever girl answered his phone, which is not cool at all. And you definitely don't want to (or shouldn't want to) be in a relationship with a guy who is able to laugh at your suffering. (Maybe he wasn't there when the girl answered his phone, but my guess is he is the one who told her to answer it). Honestly, it seems like you should've walked away after the 3 weeks went by with no explanation. He's just walking all over you and humiliating you, over and over and over again .... (I know it's not always easy to break things off, so I don't mean that as a judgment .... but looking at this objectively -- this guy sounds like scum.)

Anybody would be devastated, it's totally normal to feel devastated about this. If you didn't, you'd be superhuman. You will probably be devastated for quite some time, and you should allow yourself time to grieve - 2 years is a long time. But every time you start to miss him, just remind yourself how terrible and reprehensible his behavior was recently, and realize that he's not the same guy he was before.

You don't deserve to be treated that way. You are soooo, worth more then that. I know it hurts now, but I know you'll meet someone who wil appreciate and respect you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back