• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News My Computer Updated To Windows 10 Without My Approval!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to have a techie crack my laptop after it began upgrading from 8.0 to (damned if I know what it is now) while I was using it during a speech (Public Speaking class in college). Screwed everything up.

I need to try the registry thing that @Anarchy posted. The other stuff isn't working-----none of the updates have been downloaded to my computer, but neither can I block future updates.

Have you tried this? Worked for me, so far anyway

That's what I was referring to in my last post----those files aren't in my system nor am I able to block them from being downloaded as my system is being finicky right now. Thanks though. Hopefully I'll be able to do this soon.

I found this...

Attachments

• Never 10.png
    Never 10.png
    232.3 KB · Views: 158
@scout86
How do you mean? Like, good sides?

Well... Some people maybe like having their PC be a smartphone design, and have wierd backwards compatibility issues and unexplainable peaks in resource usage that shouldn't be there unless *wink wink* some were to be using it as a part of a server cloud or something similar? I mean, it seems to work okay for people with computers designed for it,thus making drivers that come with windows 10 the only ones compatible with it, and similar flaws. But they end up just stuck with it. E.g., my sister has a windows 10 computer and doesn't use internet with it, so it's not much of a problem, and I guess due to having a smartphone she is used to the sort of design

That's what I meant, yes. I kind of like my laptop and 7 works just fine. Maybe I'm just old but "working fine" is good enough for me.(I wish my smart phone was more like my laptop!) I plan to continue avoiding the update, especially based on what you said. Thanks for the info!

Anyone know if this has been an issue with a anyone running a windows 7 virtual machine?

I have a macbook I run on windows bootcamp. I'd hate to have something similar happen.

I'm not as technoliterate as I used to be. So if I am worried about nothing, don't laugh too hard at me. Lol :shy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back