1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

My corner ptsd. her corner ocd

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Glo809, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Glo809

Glo809 Well-Known Member Donated

Greetings

My ptsd is at this time something I can tolerate, I drive between 350 to 500 miles a shift.

The Mrs works days full time at the library.

Now here is the rub, my ptsd with meds has me at a fairly low activity level, but working overnights I cook when she is at work.

Now, when she comes home, even though I cleaned my. Pans and dishes, she cleans items that she suspects I used.

This is the most simple example, real life this actions cover most all aspects of a couples life.

My ptsd is progressing, more meds are on the horizon, as is her ocd is progressing, without MD care.

Doom is awaiting us, I know it.

Can it be avoided?
    G

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. EveHarrington

EveHarrington ________ in progress Premium Member

Is she open to seeking treatment?

I think your best bet is if you’re both healing. If not, it doesn’t bode well when one person is progressing and the other is not.

Zoogal likes this.
  4. Fadeaway

Fadeaway I'm a VIP Donated

I don't have advice. I do have sympathy for you. That must be tough. My ptsd wouldn't get along well with someone with ocd.

Zoogal likes this.
  5. Glo

Glo Guest

Greetings

No physician interaction on her part. Even though she has med insurance.

When my anger shows it is quite an event. But so far not in her presence,

As the ptsd continues to advance I have been employing more and more non medical measures in keeping this under control as best as I can.

Thanks for reading.

Take care. G

6. Friday

Friday Raise Hell Moderator

:hilarious: This is just such a “You know you have PTSD when...” statement.

How is this a problem for you?

I realise this could sound snarky, but I mean it straight >>> I’m guessing there are probably several things that feed into it, but I don’t want to assume which. One of those, in looking for solutions it helps to know what the problems are.

Case in point, I dated a bloke with OCD for a couple years. Lived together from Day 1, as it happened. Nowhere near the same as being married 10+ years, but very crucible for disorders learning to play together. About 2/3s of his quirks he could teach me how to do things the way he liked them, and it was no problem at all on my end. (I’m more than a little used to ‘there’s a right way, a wrong way, and the marine corps way’ sort of following instruction). The remaining third? Was never gonna happen. For various reasons. So what we did with most of those was negotiate in advance. Finding the venn diagram sort of compromise / solution that we could both live -happily- with. I have almost zero tolerance with complaints, for example. If I am doing HIM the favour of not washing my dishes so he can do them “right”, then he can do ME the favour of not whinging about it. His choice. He could EITHER get the satisfaction of dishes done right OR complain.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Justmehere, Zoogal and Buttercup like this.
  7. Glo

Glo Guest

Greetings

Today, I cooked b fast when I got home.

I used some leftovers in my omlet.

Well she came home at noon and immediately wiped down the shower then she asked if I cooked, well yeah... she rewashed the pans that were not in there right place, I only used 1 of those she washed.

Keeping my cool is getting worrisome.

G

8. Friday

Friday Raise Hell Moderator

So her cleaning up after you is driving you crazy... so I’ll just ask again: why is it driving you crazy?

Justmehere and Zoogal like this.
  9. Glo809

Because, if I can't do amything 'right' then why try at all.

Then in time will come the statement that I don't do shit around the house....

How does any reply not lead into a hige fight.

We have been together for 12 years.

Her OCD has kicked in full force about the same time my PTSD did.

I'm on meds, she won't see the Dr period.

G

Zoogal likes this.
  10. Glo809

Greetings

My meds are on a sliding scale depending on the weather, celexa is at msx dose period.

Atavan and Buspar are used in larger doses depending on my anticipated stress level.

And as a last ditch, hylands has got me through when the above couldent.

My Dr knows all of this.

G

Show Sidebar