• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Childhood My Dad Abused Me Up Until The Time I Turned 18 That Is When I Developed Ptsd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina25

Learning
I was abused by my father up until the time I was 18. He did all kinds of horrible things to me Verbally and Physically and Emotionally. And he might have abused me Sexually. I have a feeling he did and I just don't remember if he did or not. My grandma used to see him slap me really hard across the face. He pushed me onto the floor one time when I didn't wash the dishes perfectly. He used a belt on me like everytime he didn't like something I did or said. He banged my head into a dresser multiple times. And he still abuses me.

I recently filed a report for child abuse that he inflicted on me when I was a child even though I am 25 years old almost 26 (Easter Sunday is my Birthday). They said they would try and do an investigation in regards to the child abuse I went through. I hope they talk to my Grandma because she witnessed a lot of the abuse. Why would I report him now 7 years after it stopped happening? Because he did something that really hurt and I can never forgive him for. Before I made the report this is what made it the last straw for him where I decided I want justice for what he did.

He asked me when I wanted him to pick me up to get my Christmas present because we never got to see each other on Christmas which I'm glad I never get to see him on Christmas because he is always calling me horrible names because he doesn't like something I did or said and we were texting and he was asking me when I wanted him to pick me up to go get it at his house because apparently he needed space in his garage because it was big enough to take up quite a bit of space. I asked him what it was because it was way past Christmas and I didn't care if it was a surprise. He then told me that he was going to give it to someone else and that he knows someone he can give it too. Not too long after that he tells me it was a bike with a helmet and head phones for my phone to listen to music.

That was the last straw because I thought he was being an asshole on purpose. I really could have used a bike to get around places because now I can only walk to places close to me. I asked him to please give me the bike because he got it for me for Christmas. And I would have been willing to have him pick me up for that and he never replied back. He probably gave it to that person he had in mind already. I have him blocked on my phone because he abused me and I can't forgive him for that and I don't want to talk to him half the time because almost all the time he calls me horrible names and things.

Should I unblock him or just leave him blocked? He says there is nothing wrong with me Mentally speaking. He says I am not SMI and I don't deserve to be on SSDI. I just want to know if anyone here thinks I did the right thing by making a report against him abusing me as a child?

He says I am not SMI and I don't deserve to be on SSDI.
Can you explain these terms please?

I agree with the above. Keep your abusive father out of your life. It is really hard and at times you may soften and think about allowing him back into your life. But you have to stay strong to protect yourself. If he gets in he will manipulate and hurt you again. Stay away!

@Lucycat, SMI is short for Seriously Mentally Ill - it is a designation used primarily for insurance purposes in the US. For some insurance plans, whether or not you are designated SMI will affect how much coverage you get for mental health treatment.

SSDI is Social Security Disability Insurance. If you have accumulated enough work credits (ie paid into the federal Social Security program), and then become disabled, you can claim disability benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back