1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

My Dog's Having Surgery Thursday

Discussion in 'Social' started by hodge, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

OMG, I am so trying not to catastrophize. Our dog Misha is undergoing surgery tomorrow to remove a tumor underneath her eyelid. It has to be done. She did well with laser surgery on the same area last year; this time, it's the knife. And she's 15 years old. I'm so worried. The vet is confident and I feel as much trust in our vet as possible for me. But I'm still worried. Misha's been with me for a long, long time, almost as long as I've been on my own as an adult, really. She's been my guardian angel and she has seen me through so much. I just want her to get through this and have another few comfortable years with us. She's a truly special soul.

I would so much appreciate prayers and good thoughts for her successful surgery and recovery.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:Hug_emoticon:Sorry to hear that your faithful friend is to undergo surgery...I will send a prayer for her safety and quick recovery....I know that you are under a great deal of stress right now.....I would advise that you try some deep breathing......inhale slowly.....exhale slowly....repeat...repeat and just imagine the stress and dread exit your body as you exhale....this has helped me at times dealing with difficult situations :Hug_emoticon: ....PEACE TO ONE AND ALL

4. hodge

Oh thank you so much, wildfireone. I so appreciate your prayers and thoughts. I'll remember to do the breathing.

5. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Hodge I will be praying for your dog to have an easy surgery and that it feels so much better after I know how special our pets are take care of you too.

6. hodge

Thank you so much, mouse. I'll be on edge tomorrow till I hear she came through okay. Just the reality. I really appreciate your prayer. Thanks again.

7. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hodge,

Sending wishes that your Misha comes through the surgery easily. It's so tough when it's someone we love (no matter if they're furry or not) has to go through something like this and all we can do is wait.

Lisa

8. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hodge,

Prayers sent to your furry friend, and to you....Hope things come out well.

9. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hodge:

I'm crossing my fingers for you and hope you don't forget your self-care in this stressful time!

bec

10. 2quilt

2quilt I'm a VIP

I'll be thinking of you and your loving furbaby all day, Hodge! Let us all know when you find out from the vet how your Darling did in the surgery. All of us with furchildren understand how your anxiety.
    2quilt

11. hodge

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts, everyone. Misha came through fine! Whew!!! The vet was amazed at how well she was recovering for her age. Turns out the vet removed two tumors from one eye and one from the other. Now Misha has to wear this plastic barrier thing around her neck for the next few days so she can't rub anything against her eyes; they must itch really badly. Anyway, thank God I'm not working, because I need to keep a close eye on her for the next few days. She's already managed to get the plastic thing off a couple times, so I'm sleeping near her on the couch tonight and hoping I'll wake up if she manages it again. Yes, Bec, I have to admit, though, self-care got a lot easier once we got her safely home:)

12. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

I bet! I'm so glad Misha came through just fine! That is great news. Coug gets those stupid plastic tubes off in no time! Good luck keeping that thing on!

bec

13. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:thumbs-up I'm glad to hear that Misha came through the surgery well!!! :wink:I know that this is a great relief for you!!!!....and glad to know she's at home!!!....PEACE FOR THE PLANET