1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

My Farm Parted Out - Got Baby Pictures

Discussion in 'Social' started by permban0077, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Y'all know I lost my farm due to PTSD and hope to get one again one day. But some people are sweet enough to share with me my babies' new babies this Spring and keep me posted about my animals (even if not really mine anymore). This Bourbon Red Turkey hen was crossed with someone else's Tom who received her... Different breed. But she was my turkey hen and I could not wait for her to hatch for me, but she left too soon for me to enjoy. This is Louise. And these are her new 8 babies that hatched this morning. I could not help but cry. Every one of my animals are still like my children and I am so proud of her, I just had to share the pic I was sent. Hope I attach it right, I always mess it up when I do!

I remember her clutch she was in got caught in freezing rain and I was out in the down pour and lighting scooping them up when they were little putting them in my pockets and one almost dead warmed in my cleavage of all places. Hey, it worked and it grew up! Shows you how much I loved my little ones. And this momma turkey was gravely ill as a young poult and she still made it and looks like a great mom. Just made my day so thought I would share.

Attached Files:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. moki

moki Guest

I love love love real farm animal pictures, esp. the babes!

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Ohh are they ever cute! I've never seen baby turkey's before. Thanks for sharing that!

bec

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

hee hee Moki... Trust me, you don't want to get me started on farm pics, I have oodles. Bitter sweet.

6. moki

moki Guest

yeah, i bet it's bitter sweet. you are a good momma.

7. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Beautiful photograph, veiled. Please share more if you have them. I adore turkeys, they make splendid pets actually. You are tempting me to buy a turkey or 2 for our acreage, but we already have geese and chickens, and my husband loves to eat turkeys, so I don't want him getting any ideas!

8. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Ahhh...too cute! The only time I've ever seen a baby turkey was at the state fair.

Tell Louise she has beautiful children.

9. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

cute! i am so glad they thought to share with you. and i 'm glad it makes you happy.
    cathy

10. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

I have never seen baby turkeys before either, they are adorable. She looks like the proud ma ma. She is beautiful, I have never seen a turkey like her before.

11. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

awws snugs veiled tight

12. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

OMG, they are sooooo cute! Congradulations!
    I absolutely love farm animals babies, and we ourselves own one turkey, who lives on my in-laws farm in Nicaragua. We also have several cows, and one of them had a calf recently. That was a girl, and I named her Bella.

13. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Those are so dute the pics make me want to pick one up and hold them they look so soft, thank you for sharing them with us.