• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News My Governor Is A Bully

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwanYingirl

MyPTSD Pro
The Govenor of my state got elected on a fluke. He is a bully and refuses to work across the aisles. Now it is reelection time and he is running ads. I'm not kidding, I have to close my eyes , cover my ears and chant "shut up, shut up, shut up". He is really triggering my PTSD fear and anxiety. If he gets re-elected I may have to move, he's that bad. The other Governors in New England don't even want him to attend regional meetings. He's trying to abolish all the Medicaid and welfare benefits, it's really a bad situation. Politics in general trigger me, this guy belongs on Pluto.

I was about to ask his political affiliation, but googled it, as if I didn't REALLY know.... Yeah, I'm not surprised. When Romney was running for president, I would have full on panic attacks because I feared social security going down the toilet. The re-election of Obama was a happy day for me. (He's not perfect, but at least I didn't have to fear living on the streets.) I am so sorry you're so stressed because of all the political BS....

Yeah, it's bad enough having intrusive memories, now his pathetic face keeps showing up on my minds screen.

I really want to work on his opponent's campaign. I don't know if I can handle talking with strangers about politics. It is a huge trigger for me.

I know!!! I want to volunteer but I can't stand conflict. And I also don't want to go door to door. I might be able to tolerate phone calls. Every election year I say I'm going to help but I never do. That's a result of child abuse. I have no courage. To speak up as a child just brought on more violence. I vote

I usually volunteer but I will do office work for them. I won't make phone calls or go door to door. I saw an office for him around the corner from where I live, I am hoping I will have the courage soon to go there and help them.

Me too. Good luck with that. I am glad to live in America. However the politicians are poisoning the hopes and dreams of our forefathers. I support term limits.

There are many ways to volunteer in campaigns which don't require direct contact with the public. Helping stuff envelopes is just one example. When I began helping, I started meeting new people who shared my values, and I could be myself around them.

There is a feeling of empowerment which comes with participating. I feel less helpless and more hopeful. Even when my candidate doesn't win, opposition is still very important.

In the liberal camp, we have many volunteers who have similar issues to ours, such as PTSD, depression, histories of child abuse which cuts to social welfare programs make more likely. You might consider giving it a try. I've never regretted it.

Thank you @BloomInWinter I especially liked your statement that you could be yourself. I just can't picture me handling being at a rally with lots of people. I abhor crowds. I hear you saying there are many ways to help?

Yes, there are many who cannot handle crowds. But there are many needs which don't require crowd time. We often need to ask for donations for neighborhood walkers, such as flats of bottled water. Or putting mailing labels on envelopes, or making signs, or calling to reserve parking areas. You get to decide heat you feel like doing. Some of our shy volunteers just would sit at the office, making sure the door was open for constituents to come in and leave messages or donations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back