1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

My Husband Finally Found a Job After Six Months

Discussion in 'Social' started by pookiespooka, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pookiespooka

pookiespooka Member

Boy am I relieved. For a long time we've been getting by on only $150 dollars a week. Luckily we live in what was my dh's gradparent's previouse home before they died. It now belong's to my MIL and she lets us live here rent free in resturn for keeping the place up and occupied.

Hey, maybe now I could actually get some couseling and anti depressant meds. I've been trying to limp along with help from this forum. I was afraid to ask for more help because of the money issue. You know that grocery budget only stretches so far.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Pookie, I'm so happy for you! It's gonna feel like you've won the lottery! LOL!

And, like you said, please go get evaluated. You may not need antidepressants but just therapy. Make sure your hub has health insurance? I don't know where you are from, but try to get it covered.

I understand how stressful the lack of money can be. Heck, having money is stressful. Ok, money IS stress. But you're on your way up. This is one less worry that hinders your progress with your ptsd.

Yay!!!!

4. cdunny

cdunny Active Member

Wow... thats awesome.. I hope the hubby finds one soon too. you give me hope.

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Pookie, that is great news. Please, under any circumstances and even highlight them to me personally, if you cannot afford direct counselling contact me and I will make myself available too you privately for one on one live discussions instead. Yes, I am busy, but hey, when your getting no therapy at all for finance reasons, please don't ever hesitate to tell me and I will provide you direct support until such time as you get on your feet again financially. That applies to everyone here... I am not on call, but under certain circumstances, I can provide you private one on one help.

6. pookiespooka

pookiespooka Member

Yes I am going to get couseling, there's a place near here that has a sliding scale fee. As soon as my dh gets his first full pay check I'm calling to make an appointment. Thanks for the offer for private counseling, I reallly appreciate it.