• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Supporter My Husband With Ptsd Has Left Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liset

New Here
Hello.

I just found this forum today and it seems like just the thing I need.

My husband has PTSD from childhood trauma, and we have had a hard time since our daughter was born three years ago. It's messed with me quite a bit, but in June we just recently moved and started therapy to try to make a good life. Last week we had a big blowout where I just completely fell apart.

I know that he hates seeing his PTSD affect me so badly. So I ended up staying with my brother for a few days So I could pull myself back together. When I came back we went to our marriage therapy and my husband K said he wanted a separation. When the therapist asked what he hoped to achieve during the separation he had a hard time answering. But finally said he wanted a divorce.

That was Tuesday. Last night we talked some more and he told me that he doesn't love me the way he used to and he thinks I could have a better life without him.

It hurts so badly because I love him so deeply and I really believe that we need to give therapy more than just a 4 weeks. Plus on here I see how PTSD makes it so that the sufferer can't always feel love. But he says his feelings with me have nothing to do with PTSD. We've been through this before and it's just awful.

I feel like the only thing I can do is take him on what he says to me. He says he wants a divorce so I have to accept it. But it's killing me. My mom died six months ago. And now we are living in a new town where I hardly know anyone. I don't have a job, as I am a stay at home Mom and I'm in the middle of waiting to chose a grad school. I am now faced with figuring out where I want to live and what I want from life and I'm just so lost.

I could really use a friend and some good advice.

Thanks.
-Liset

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry about all the pain your husband is putting you through.

Hi Liset,

Welcome to MyPTSD! :)

I am sorry to read about the problems and the hurt you are experiencing. With moving, the loss of a parent, and the start of counseling, that is a lot of change and change can cause stress that put even more stress on a relationship, especially with a partner that has PTSD. I hope that you and your husband continue with counseling and that you also find some support for yourself.

There is an entire section here for supporters and I hope you find the information helpful.

Take care.

Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back